• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm beginning to believe the republicans in control are keeping these sorts of bills in their back pockets so that they'll have some red meat to throw out to draw in their base when they're desperate for votes. If only there was an alternative to the republicans to vote for that wouldn't drive us into insolvency or seek to take away our gun rights.

It is called - "PRIMARIES" - we need to get real constitutional conservatives in - ... educate the populace ... (oh sorry, that's just crazy talk)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It is called - "PRIMARIES" - we need to get real constitutional conservatives in - ... educate the populace ... (oh sorry, that's just crazy talk)

Yeah, I know. Sad thing is, most of these guys, when they were campaigning as new candidates probably fit that bill. This seems to be an organizational thing, more about keeping power than advancing an agenda. Competition is a valuable thing for us customers. The democrat party is not a viable alternative. The Libertarian party doesn't seriously want to govern. The others, like the Constitution party are too small to be viable as well. The republicans simply don't have to work for our votes and they know it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking at the weather forecast for Tuesday being inside will be much better than outside. Thunderstorms, not a good day to be outside holding a flag pole.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Yeah, I know. Sad thing is, most of these guys, when they were campaigning as new candidates probably fit that bill. This seems to be an organizational thing, more about keeping power than advancing an agenda. Competition is a valuable thing for us customers. The democrat party is not a viable alternative. The Libertarian party doesn't seriously want to govern. The others, like the Constitution party are too small to be viable as well. The republicans simply don't have to work for our votes and they know it.

No Kidding; I'd toss a hat out - but I was told (by the boss) it would cost me ... probably her. ... not worth it. especially when my platform would be "I oppose stupidity and ignorance"
    (tell people they are and it doesnt win you votes, well usually).

Looking at the weather forecast for Tuesday being inside will be much better than outside. Thunderstorms, not a good day to be outside holding a flag pole.

Definitely not out in those conditions - I Need to rework my work schedule, if I can (only will know Monday) ... I am in; inside ... if not ... well good luck. but inside.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Everything still on track for tomorrow? Hopefully we can have a good turnout.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    This is showing up in my timeline on FB from NAGR. I went to Bosma's page and sent messages - no reply. I also tried to post to his page - didn't show up. It appears Mr. Bosma is going to burry us again.

In regards to HB1159, I found this online from a gun organization. I love it. Put his picture front and center!

6795AA68-44F8-4739-BD27-4AE2BAF34A34.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Everything still on track for tomorrow? Hopefully we can have a good turnout.

Well - I hope so, I am trying to re-arrange my schedule. It was OK'd internally, but I gotta work it out w/ the people on the other end (I.e. "client") ...

I'd suggest meeting about 8:45 or so outside of 156-C (likely room If I Recall Correctly) ...

perhaps Mr. Galt's sources can provide him with a better confirmation - I still see nothing. I will check with my sources as well. Perhaps a Call to Mr. Smaltz office (on this not on 1159) garners some info.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well - I hope so, I am trying to re-arrange my schedule. It was OK'd internally, but I gotta work it out w/ the people on the other end (I.e. "client") ...

I'd suggest meeting about 8:45 or so outside of 156-C (likely room If I Recall Correctly) ...

perhaps Mr. Galt's sources can provide him with a better confirmation - I still see nothing. I will check with my sources as well. Perhaps a Call to Mr. Smaltz office (on this not on 1159) garners some info.

And with a bit of good fortune - I am available - see some of you in the morning, I hope.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Did you guys see I started a thread on just the hearing? Did you miss John Galt's earlier post about using this new hearing to raise interest and push for 1159?

and as I asked more rhetorically elsewhere on the interwebs:
    - even if we got all of the 2nd handed back to us on a platter of gold tomorrow
    - do you think this fight to keep these rights is over?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did you guys see I started a thread on just the hearing? Did you miss John Galt's earlier post about using this new hearing to raise interest and push for 1159?

and as I asked more rhetorically elsewhere on the interwebs:
    - even if we got all of the 2nd handed back to us on a platter of gold tomorrow
    - do you think this fight to keep these rights is over?

Nope, it never ends.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I was there, but unfortunately had to leave early. The discussion around HB 1071 was long and laborious. Probably about normal, but to a newbie in attendance it seemed to be sort of boring. Most people spoke favorably for the bills. The dissenters put up many red herrings that had nothing to do with the point of the particular bill, just trying to advocate for their tangentially related causes. HB1071 was tabled until next week.

HB 1250 passed 7-2. Can't believe that anyone wouldn't want to reward career LEO with a lifetime LTCH at no cost. What a way to say thanks for your service but you're just one of them now, so pay up.

And I had to leave as Guy Relford stood up to present his testimony in favor of HB1162, so I don't know how that turned out. If it actually got to a vote, I know that there were two opposed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was there, but unfortunately had to leave early. The discussion around HB 1071 was long and laborious. Probably about normal, but to a newbie in attendance it seemed to be sort of boring. Most people spoke favorably for the bills. The dissenters put up many red herrings that had nothing to do with the point of the particular bill, just trying to advocate for their tangentially related causes. HB1071 was tabled until next week.

HB 1250 passed 7-2. Can't believe that anyone wouldn't want to reward career LEO with a lifetime LTCH at no cost. What a way to say thanks for your service but you're just one of them now, so pay up.

And I had to leave as Guy Relford stood up to present his testimony in favor of HB1162, so I don't know how that turned out. If it actually got to a vote, I know that there were two opposed.

It got tabled too. Guns in schools, even by a person that conceivably was on the job the day before (as a LEO, providing security at a ball game, let's say) but retired the next day is just something that is not possible to consider by a lot of people.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

1071 was tabled.
    1250 was passed to the Full House 10-2
    1162 was tabled after more discussion than I believe the chairman or Mr. Lucas expected.

Several of us got to stick around and speak with Chairman Smaltz.

there is a thread on today's hearing - here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-public-policy-hearing-2-7-3-firearm-hbs.html

I have video link for those wanting to hear testimony themselves.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If they passed constitutional carry then the restraining order bill would not even be needed. But I'm sure the restraining order bill pleases constituents and makes the politicians look good. Meanwhile all of the other legal citizens in the state don't matter and must pay to protect themselves. This is a sexists bill because when you think of a restraining order requiring protection 90% of voters think of women. That's the arguemebt id propose. I wouldn't vote for that bill.

Top Bottom