Indiana Constitutional Carry-Summer Study thread (2017)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    No big surprise here, but my neighborhood representatives Chris May (65) and Jeff Ellington (62) have both personally told me through e-mail they support CC. If brought to the floor they will vote for it provided the language is clear.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm not gonna make to the hearing again ... ( :xmad::dunno::popcorn: ) ... this work for a living thing is keeping me from ... well ...

Good luck and speak well to those going. I'll try to watch or catch up later ... +1+1 for running dialog here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm guessing you are NOT going to be there tomorrow since you should have already evacuated.

I always wonder why people schedule vacations in hurricane vulnerable territory during the heart of hurricane season. If that's the only time you can schedule a vacation, maybe an Alaskan cruise would be better.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course, I can't find it now.
    But earlier someone on FB posted an article accusing Jim Lucus of wanting to let felons roam the streets armed and return us to the Wild West.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But earlier someone on FB posted an article accusing Jim Lucus of wanting to let felons roam the streets armed and return us to the Wild West.
    But there's not even the wild west in the wild west. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    21462558_1423163631108861_4946126657078570357_n.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When you don't have facts or stats on your side slinging BS is all that's left.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Now I have the theme song for the Wild, Wild West running through my head...also, Rich James is an idiot. (here's hoping he's not an INGOer and earns me an infraction)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, WIBC just had a quick story on ConC. They got it wrong, it's handguns, not guns. Up hill battle, 24/7 and sometimes more.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My response to mr james and the paper.

Sir,

It is obvious that you have had an emotional reaction to this issue. The fact is that felons and improper persons are carrying guns illegally today. If the Constitutional carry bill passes felons and improper persons will still carry illegally. This bill does not remove any current restriction on felons and improper persons.

It is the law abiding citizen who will not carry outside his/her home and may fall prey to the vile criminal who has no respect for them or the LAW, the grandmother pulling a cart to Aldi who is assaulted for her grocery money. The Legislature has just passed a bill allowing a person with a restraining order to carry legally until their license is issued. There were many opposed to that bill on emotional grounds also. That bill does not help the lady with an abusive ex-partner who does not have a restraining order or the stalking victim that cannot identify their stalker to the court to obtain a restraining order, thus they are restricted from carry outside the home.

Major White who you quoted is a data analyst for the ISP. He is not a rank and file officer. He is in charge of making sure that the 9 million dollars that licensing brought in last year does not dry up. The Legislature has already made provision to replace any lost funding that the licensing scheme would lose (funds that would go to local agencies for training and equipment) due to reduced fees collected. Licensing will not go away. A license will still be required for reciprocity while traveling. In States that have adopted Constitutional carry licensing has kept pace with prior years.

In the States that have adopted Constitutional carry there has been no perceptible rise in gun related crime. This is in spite of those incontinent cries of "there will be blood in the streets" and "It will turn our State into the Wild West" (wild, wild West[SUB][sic][/SUB] to quote you). This is a purely emotional ploy to put fear into the people instead of doing real journalism and just stating the facts, instead of cherry picking the sound bites that support your opinion.

ETCorrect errors in last paragraph. I also sent corrections to author and paper.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Sir,

It is obvious that you have had an emotional reaction to this issue. The fact is that felons and improper persons are carrying guns illegally today. If the Constitutional carry bill passes felons and improper persons will still carry illegally. This bill does not remove any current restriction on felons and improper persons.

It is the law abiding citizen who will not carry outside his/her home and may fall prey to the vile criminal who has no respect for them or the LAW, the grandmother pulling a cart to Aldi who is assaulted for her grocery money. The Legislature has just passed a bill allowing a person with a restraining order to carry legally until their license is issued. There were many opposed to that bill on emotional grounds also. That bill does not help the lady with an abusive ex-partner who does not have a restraining order or the stalking victim that cannot identify their stalker to the court to obtain a restraining order, thus they are restricted from carry outside the home.

Major White who you quoted is a data analyst for the ISP. He is not a rank and file officer. He is in charge of making sure that the 9 million dollars that licensing brought in last year does not dry up. The Legislature has already made provision to replace any lost funding that the licensing scheme would lose (funds that would go to local agencies for training and equipment) due to reduced fees collected. Licensing will not go away. A license will still be required for reciprocity while traveling. In States that have adopted Constitutional carry licensing has kept pace with prior years.

In the States that have adopted Constitutional carry there has been perceptable rise in gun related crime. This is in spite of those incontinent cries of "there will be blood in the streets" and "It will turn our State into the wild west" (wild, wild west to quote you). This is a purely emotional ploy to put fear into the people instead of doing real journalism and just stating the facts, instead of cherry picking the sound bites that support your opinion.
    Well done. Rep inbound.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

When you don't have facts or stats on your side slinging BS is all that's left.

The hyperbole is strong with this one. When he's not banging out crap on his IBM Selectric III this guy shakes his rake at the kids in the neighborhood. He also complains, a lot,

Now I have the theme song for the Wild, Wild West running through my head...also, Rich James is an idiot. (here's hoping he's not an INGOer and earns me an infraction)

Something this bad, I wonder if he can be sued for Libel.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

Sir,

In the States that have adopted Constitutional carry there has been perceptable rise in gun related crime. This is in spite of those incontinent cries of "there will be blood in the streets" and "It will turn our State into the wild west" (wild, wild west to quote you). This is a purely emotional ploy to put fear into the people instead of doing real journalism and just stating the facts, instead of cherry picking the sound bites that support your opinion.

I think you mean in the last paragraph "no" perceptible rise in crime, correct?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am outside the room now, the moms are here in force. We have the facts and stats, they have the emotion

Top Bottom