• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    ohhhh wow this thread got heated. i hang out on the esee forums and have seen first hand all the knives returned by customers (nobody returns them to the dealer they all go in directly from the customer to esee, so direct dealer means nothing) and they will warranty any knife for any reason no matter what. there was a thread here not to long ago about a guy breaking his esee and have a brand new one with in 2 weeks. I will vouch for brad and sheila (not that they need it) but they are extremely professional, they are top notch people and very straight forward. they know their **** when it comes to knives and help this ingo knife community out a lot. i don't believe she was bashing anyone just stating what she though after she met the man who was giving bad info in front of possible customers.

tlfuller27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nappanee,IN
    Barrett knives

I must say Rick makes some awsome knifes and swords. It's amazing what he does. One of these days maybe he'll give me a family discount? What about it cuz ? :welcome:

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    Just a note,
    Mad Dwarf Forge made Heimdal's sword for the movie Thor. They make some ridiculously cool blades there.

Mad Dwarf Workshop - Hand Forged Swords & Fine Art

My favorite thing about MDW is this banner photo.
    madbanner16.jpg

That's a cropped image from this photo(used with permission).

Mystic Lake by Steven Berry, on Flickr

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    mad dwarf workshop is no more. they both decided to do their own thing.... working under different named shops. both are still hard at it, just pursuing their OWN styles....

The Gringo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Any suggestions on who to go to for a kephart style knife? I've seen some nice ones online but would like to keep my business inside Indiana if possible.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I don't know MIKE BILLMAN; but anyone who disrespects the Knife Lady, isn't worth a grain of sand. I've never done business with him and will be spreading the news about how he is an uncouth knave in the knife community.
    Many in the knife community won't do business with an uncouth lout; even if he can spin straw into gold.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I don't know MIKE BILLMAN; but anyone who disrespects the Knife Lady, isn't worth a grain of sand. I've never done business with him and will be spreading the news about how he is an uncouth knave in the knife community.
    Many in the knife community won't do business with an uncouth lout; even if he can spin straw into gold.

That incident happen 3 years ago......I have since talked with Mike Billman many times, and have even been to his shop a half a dozen times (usually when I'm in Ft. Wayne attending the gun & knife show at the coliseum). He is one of those people that you just have to get to know.......with some people, first impressions may not be positive. Mike is a good guy, very knowledgeable about knives, and can sharpen a knife like nobody's business. I would ask that people don't make any judgements about him based on this thread and an incident that happen 3 years ago.

RAMBOCAT, I appreciate your support and defending Knife Lady....Thank you. :yesway:

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    I'm in the market for a hatchet or hammer poll tomahawk and would like to keep it Indiana made and definitely USA made. Main use would be for some light splitting or kindling making. Of course some small tree chopping is not out of the question.
    I saw some post on 2Hawks and however not made in the Hoosier state they do appeal to me. Budget would be around a $100. Prefer less but would go a touch more for the right one. Estwing also makes a 16" campers axe that looks appealing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom