• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I thought some of you may be interested in the fact that Indiana has a crossbow maker.

"There is a new, Hoosier-made crossbow, Indiana hunters might want to consider. Father/son Bud and Brian Kennedy run a machine shop between Anderson and Alexandria, Indiana. They were contracted to make crossbows for a firm who went bankrupt.

Avid hunters, already making Sport-N-Wood Turkey Calls, the Kennedy's decided they could make a better crossbow and set out to do just that. They have a couple of Patents pending resulting in a smoother trigger and a safety system that prevents dry fires.

Native Crossbows can be seen and shot at Girts Archery in Anderson (765-644-7113) and Straughn (765-332-3048) or by calling the factory at 765-724-2273. Website: www.nativecrossbows.com."

bhyman9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Has or does anyone own one of these Native crossbows? Or at least shot one yet? I'm in the market for new crossbow and would love to support a Indiana business.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Rick Bramwell, Outdoor Writer for the Anderson Herald/Bulletin sent me this information and this is what he had to say.

"Late summer shoulder surgery put my Mathews on the shelf for this season. I went to the Kennedy Factory to shoot both the Rampage and
    Renegade models shooting 340 and 320 fps respectively. Their more expensive Rampage has a fold-down stock. Each comes with Hawke Scope, quiver and three bolts.

I took an Apache American Indian girl, Brittany (age 14) with me to the Native range. She shot better than I, consistently hitting center target at 40 yards and even shooting quite well at 60 yards. Had her ancestors been shooting these Native Crossbows, the "Wild West" might still be wild.

Native Crossbows/Sport-N-Woods calls will be at the Indianapolis Boat, Sport & Travel Show's Deer & Turkey Expo next February. Look to meet this lovely, sharp-shooting Indian girl and her twin sister Brianna at the booth."

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Roby's Bullseye is a dealer of them. They had some in last time I was there. I'd call before driving over though (dunno if they have any in stock right now 765-459-0077
    When they were getting set up to deal them a while back I was also there.............and the nice guys from the company asked me if I wanted to try one out.
    I politely declined :)
    Seem like decent X bows, if one is into that kind of thing ;)

Top Bottom