• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Just wondering if there are any other animals out there who could get me.

These make me nervous.
    1120447265_ejbMD-O.jpg

From this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...his_on_my_property_should_i_be_concerned.html

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    As for me the things that can be 'dangerous' in indiana is Humans, esp. the chemically fueled kind. I have a friend that had a feral dog pack go after him when he was field dressing a deer. Venomous snakes, hornets (was squirrel hunting once and almost blasted a nest behind the squirrel, fortunately didn't shoot). Really though the only thing i worry about out in the woods is people.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    snakes are the only thing in indiana that I tend to avoid. venomous or not, don't like them. oh and snapping turtles (Alligator Snapping turtles are endangered in Indiana and probably for a good reason)

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Isn't the biggest threat to Indiana hunters, and I say this in all seriousness, falling out of a tree stand?

I would bet money on it. Looking at some of the shoddy half arsed stands people climb 20 feet up into amazes me. Their disability and health insurance must be fantastic to risk climbing up in some of these things and then attempting to shoot from them. Crazy.

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    12 gauge loaded with slugs, and .357 mag loaded with hollow points... not many things in the woods more dangerous than me:draw::ingo:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    12 gauge loaded with slugs, and .357 mag loaded with hollow points... not many things in the woods more dangerous than me:draw::ingo:

I had the same set up this year but couldn't get a shot off. I think of it like a very chilly picknick by myself. I sure would have liked to shoot some punk squirells making a lot of racket - but I resisted.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Bob Cat, yup seen them. Bear, Brown County State Park has confirmed sightings by CO's. Mountain lions, keep hearing that LEO's and CO's have seen something that resembles them.

Cougars hang out at the seedy bars and trailer parks :cool:

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Bob Cat, yup seen them. Bear, Brown County State Park has confirmed sightings by CO's. Mountain lions, keep hearing that LEO's and CO's have seen something that resembles them.

Cougars hang out at the seedy bars and trailer parks :cool:

Me and a buddy of mine were south of Nashville WAY back on Bond Cemetary Road a few years ago turkey scouting. Right at daybreak we both heard a "sound" that neither of us could indentify. First thing that came to both of us was a bear. It made the hair stand up on both of our necks.:n00b: Of course neither of us had a weapon since we were scouting. I have read about bear sightings WAY back in Brown County Park some time ago.

Needless to say I don't go into Yellowwood, Morgan Monroe, or Hoosier National Forest without a weapon anymore! Timber rattlers are a concern too.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Never said I was worried, just listed the wild animals that could cause harm to a man.

Notice the last I listed is two legged.

PaPa 260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Roger the cougar hangouts, very cunning, dangerous species indeed. Often times found in not so seedy bars and suburbia as well. When captured, they are seldom successfully domesticated. Now the cougar alert has been covered, in the woods the only thing I worry about is other people. And then not much because I hunt where only I have access to.

PaPa 260

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom