• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Ok now whos gonna take a 20 MM Vulcan shorten it to 1.625 neck it to .357 and go for it!!!!:biggun:
    In 2008 I was commissioned to design a .375 wildcat at 1.625" based on the 505 Gibbs/Chey-Tac case.

That's the biggest case head you can get a reasonably priced action for.

The customer owns all of the tooling and the design, but needless to say - it is quite a stomper.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    ahhh cmon fireball ya surely have pictures to post of that lil number!!!!!!! woooowee and i was just kiddin. Well I guess where theres a $$$ Bill $$$ theres a way

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    42769vette Maybe I missed it? If I did my apologies. What .358 wildcat was it that you decided to go with? BFG I see you made mention of. Oh BTW I am in the .458 socom crowd, I killed a dandy with it this year. However sure would like to join the .358 wildcat ranks. Determined to hold off until I see what the laws do next year.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    42769vette Maybe I missed it? If I did my apologies. What .358 wildcat was it that you decided to go with? BFG I see you made mention of. Oh BTW I am in the .458 socom crowd, I killed a dandy with it this year. However sure would like to join the .358 wildcat ranks. Determined to hold off until I see what the laws do next year.

i went with the 358 bfg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...st_finished_my_new_deer_gun_build_358bfg.html

the swarovski came in today for it ill pick it up tomorow

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

It wasn't that big, I was there, I dragged it........MONSTER!

it didn't happen unless you have pics:D

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    However sure would like to join the .358 wildcat ranks. Determined to hold off until I see what the laws do next year.

Me too...really want a wildcat caliber for a deer rifle and after meeting AJ Brown at the show over the weekend and learning about his current and potentially future legal offerings I think I am leaning towards one of his cartridges. What really got my interest was that not a lot of case-forming work is required for the cartridges he is doing. Plus the cost for a build was much less than I had in mind.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    briandeer.jpg

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    exactly, most of indiana cant take advantage of the longer range cartriges, i just so happen to hunt in a area where 200yds is more the rule than the exception.

I have a 530 yard shot on my place. Hunt ground in Owen county where I could go a touch past 600.

Also hunt a place in Jasper county that I've not lasered, but would guess it at 900 before the woods. It lacks a good backstop on the property though.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have a 530 yard shot on my place. Hunt ground in Owen county where I could go a touch past 600.

Also hunt a place in Jasper county that I've not lasered, but would guess it at 900 before the woods. It lacks a good backstop on the property though.
    Go up to northern IN. My brother's place has a good 1500 yard shot that one could take, and family land has a multitude of 300-1800 yard shots.

Obviously 1500 and 1800 are pushing it a bit even if centerfire rifles were legal, but just mentioned them to give an example of how longer range guns can really be useful in certain areas.

freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    cant wait for more the state to legalize more cartridages. i live in southern part of the state.rifles should be legal for us.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    cant wait for more the state to legalize more cartridages. i live in southern part of the state.rifles should be legal for us.

Rifles should be legal for everyone.

Ask the StateL: what Empirical Evidence do they have, that rifle cartridges are more 'dangerous' than PCRs.

Instead for no Reason we are stuck with inferior bullets launched at inferior velocities. Some may be content with that but I, knowing better from hunting in most other states in the Union, am not.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ahh melensdad is paying attention! After a bit more research the site in witch i found my info on case capacity for the grant stated that most of the taper was blown out of the case and shoulder angle steepened. Much the same as Ackley made famous I would presume. So in effect this may not actually be a true .358 Grant. Hard to tell who is calling what cartridge what. Ok now whos gonna take a 20 MM Vulcan shorten it to 1.625 neck it to .357 and go for it!!!!:biggun:

JD Jones from SSK has built a wildcat on the 20mm Vulcan case but he stopped at 95 Caliber. The 950 JDJ. Shoots a 3600gr bullet at 2200FPS. It is not considered a Destructive Device because he was able to get a sporting use exemption for it. Maybe he would cut the case back for you.

Top Bottom