• BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Are you talking about law school?
    Please don't get me started. Most public school teachers have advanced degrees. I know a fellow that has an advanced degrees and sells Christmas trees for a very reasonable price. I know aircraft pilots with undergraduate degrees, but have semi-annual training and tests to keep their jobs and can't live lavish lifestyles. I could go on and on. Of course these folks don't end up in politics and judicial positions where they write complicated laws and rule on them, where in turn, people must pay big bucks to have something (that should be simple) done (the hard work being done by legal secretaries and staff). What other occupation pays, depending on location and specialty, $100- $750 per hour? I can also tell you that there are very good lawyers; very bad lawyers and mediocre lawyers. With all that off my chest, if you want to get that conviction expunged, pay the 2 grand, because you can't fight the system.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So what you're saying is people who invest 3 years in law school to then make untold piles of easy money are the brilliant ones?

I concur.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So what you're saying is people who invest 3 years in law school to then make untold piles of easy money are the brilliant ones?

I concur.
    No, I know brilliant people in other jobs, but kudos for trying to put words in my mouth. BTW, did I mention that all lawyers aren't brilliant?;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Working an easy job anyone can do for huge sums of money whem these poor schmucks work harder for less? I call that brilliant. Even more brilliant if they can pull that off without being that smart.

:rockwoot:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Working an easy job anyone can do for huge sums of money whem these poor schmucks work harder for less? I call that brilliant. Even more brilliant if they can pull that off without being that smart.

:rockwoot:
    The three wise men...doctor, lawyer and engineer. If you don't believe me, just ask one!:rolleyes: Actually the job of lawyer can't be done by just anyone. They insured that by getting them elected into the legislatures and elected or appointed to judgeships, but I digress.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The three wise men...doctor, lawyer and engineer. If you don't believe me, just ask one!:rolleyes: Actually the job of lawyer can't be done by just anyone. They insured that by getting them elected into the legislatures and elected or appointed to judgeships, but I digress.

Law school is a terrible idea currently, lots of schools shutting down and people can't find jobs. Just had a cousin graduate IU McKinney and cannot find a job.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Law school is a terrible idea currently, lots of schools shutting down and people can't find jobs. Just had a cousin graduate IU McKinney and cannot find a job.
    They probably would have a great career as a used car salesperson!:): Sorry, but the opportunities for poking fun at lawyers seems endless.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Merry Christmas to all the lawyers on here. I have a feeling that we have the best ones hanging out on this forum. Thanks for letting me poke fun and not getting riled. I actually have a lot of respect for good attorneys. Like I said, for expungement issues, start saving your money and get a good attorney.

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    My wife is a paralegal and prepared 90% of the paperwork herself. It still cost us $1500 and the courts managed to file the paperwork incorrectly. For a period of time she had 3 "active" DUIs that were from 1986-87 and somehow re-dated to 2017. She managed to get it all fixed but it took forever to undo and was extremely frustrating.

Lawyers may be expensive but "you get what you pay for" applies here. Get it done right the first time.

Mike

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I do know that you get the second chance law one time from what I was told. If it is in multiple counties file everything at the same time because that's all you get. Has to be 5 years on misdemeanors.

Top Bottom