"Indiana Flea Market" at the Fairgrounds - any good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm just curious about this flea market. I am considering putting in a booth for a weekend to sell computers/laptops and I wasn't sure if any of you had been to this flea market.

Is it pretty big and popular or lousy and ratty?

Any and all input is welcome as I have no idea what to expect.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The GF and I went out there a couple of years ago. At that time it was what we call "Pro Vendors". A BUNCH of people selling the pre-packaged chinese trinkets. We won't waste our time going back and I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same way.

On the flipside I'm sure that you will see a lot of traffic, good luck this weekend.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It seems harder and harder to find flea markets anymore where 90% of the booths arent selling brand new chinese knock off crap.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It seems harder and harder to find flea markets anymore where 90% of the booths arent selling brand new chinese knock off crap.

I agree, last time I went to a flea market in Indy most of the booths were filled of new chinese crap, a guy had a table will only chinese made "knives" and stuff like that.All of them sold at 5 or 6 times their real value.

Good place if you are looking a crappy $2 chinese balisong for $15. :rolleyes:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

We went down to Cincy this weekend, a co-worker told us about a couple of places down there. They both had huge buildings sectioned into booths where various things were for sale. It was actually a pretty good mix of stuff but these were primarily people that had set up actual stores. It was about 60% pre-packaged garbage though.

The good thing is that the first one we went to also had vendors setup outside and these were primarily the "people cleaning out their garages" type sales. We scored a bunch of pristine 45 rpm records and some decent albums for very low prices compared to what we're starting to see around here. We can't wait to go back during the warm months, it oughta be a good one.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We went down to Cincy this weekend, a co-worker told us about a couple of places down there. They both had huge buildings sectioned into booths where various things were for sale. It was actually a pretty good mix of stuff but these were primarily people that had set up actual stores. It was about 60% pre-packaged garbage though.

The good thing is that the first one we went to also had vendors setup outside and these were primarily the "people cleaning out their garages" type sales. We scored a bunch of pristine 45 rpm records and some decent albums for very low prices compared to what we're starting to see around here. We can't wait to go back during the warm months, it oughta be a good one.
    Is that just north of Cincy on I75? if so I passed by them this past weekend and wondered what they were like...:yesway:

Top Bottom