• danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Good morning fellow fly-fishing enthusiasts,

I thought I'd share some information about an upcoming (January 2015) Fly fishing show in Indianapolis.

A good friend of mine, Mike Exl from Wildcat Creek Outfitters in Zionsville is putting this on. I'm planning on attending and hope to see some of you there!

533932c569d58c84ae7b424a8a0d0e36-480x250.png

Dates: Saturday January 10th and Sunday January 11th 2015

Location: Indiana State Fairgrounds - Agriculture/Horticulture Building (Same as the previous show, "Indiana on the Fly")

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/INFlyFishingExpo

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Jeremy, glad to hear it! WCO is outstanding, their selection of fly tying materials is unrivaled in central Indiana. I've bought most of my fly-tying equipment and materials there, great place. I hope to see you at the show!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Off topic, but I went in WCO back in October and checked out some kayaks for bass fishing. Seemed like a pretty good shop. Massive amount of kayaks in there. I will likely go back when I am ready to buy.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Jeremy, glad to hear it! WCO is outstanding, their selection of fly tying materials is unrivaled in central Indiana. I've bought most of my fly-tying equipment and materials there, great place. I hope to see you at the show!

Yes, their selection is great. I used to shop online, but after they had my Simms G3's and boots for cheaper than I could find online, plus the benefit of getting to try them on, I don't even look online anymore. I'm still a newb when it comes to tying, but I enjoy it and it gets me "on the water" when that is physically impossible. Lately, I've been tying up some big meat to throw at smallies come spring. What do you tie?

Off topic, but I went in WCO back in October and checked out some kayaks for bass fishing. Seemed like a pretty good shop. Massive amount of kayaks in there. I will likely go back when I am ready to buy.

I heard they were expanding their kayak selection too. They always have tons of 'yaks in there.

Any one here a member of Indianapolis Fly Casters or other fly fishing clubs?

No, but I want to join. Are you a member?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just a friendly early-week bump in case anyone missed the announcement when I originally posted it.

I'm really looking forward to this show, should be a great time!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I was there with my aspiring 9 year old loop throwing daughter and my fishing buddy. Small but a nice show. I would do it again.

Now just waiting until F3T, I really wish it was kid friendly though. I hate telling my little one she can't go.

Top Bottom