• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    Can always count on our Governor to do the opposite.
    Other states are suspending the gas tax, and IN seizes the opportunity to raise it.
    It seems that having the pleasure of being a Hoosier, comes with the discomfort
    of boot laces dangling from your poop shoot.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If I remember correctly the tax on gasoline is a combination of a flat tax per gallon added to a sales tax on the price of a gallon. The beauty is when prices go up, taxes go up.

They made a big deal of finally fixing the old property tax system with one based on assessed value that is capped, 1 percent on a private dwelling just for discussion sake here. The beauty of that scheme is each year to raise taxes they just raise the value of your home when they assess it.

And I have always shouted that it should be illegal to escrow property tax into a mortgage payment. Make everyone pay their property rent... I mean tax twice a year directly to the county. Maybe when people realize how much they are paying in property rent... I mean tax, there will be a popular revolt!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And I have always shouted that it should be illegal to escrow property tax into a mortgage payment. Make everyone pay their property rent... I mean tax twice a year directly to the county. Maybe when people realize how much they are paying in property rent... I mean tax, there will be a popular revolt!
    I get a statement twice a year, so I know exactly what I'm paying. I like it being escrowed into my mortgage payment so I don't need to worry about it. :dunno: I don't like having to pay it, mind you, but if I do then I'd just as soon have it automated so it's easier to budget for.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Indiana is second, behind Pennsylvania, in Diesel tax at .53/gal. How does that bode for the consumer?

Gas taxes hit you at the pump, diesel taxes hit you everywhere else(unless you drive a diesel vehicle).

And with the increase of E15, how much better fuel economy will everyone see?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Most any tax levied is theft at some level. If the money was well spent it might be different but these ass hats spend money like drunk sailors.

There is no reason to disparage drunken sailors. Drunken sailors are at least spending their own money instead of spending money plundered from others.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no reason to disparage drunken sailors. Drunken sailors are at least spending their own money instead of spending money plundered from others.
    Oh no intent to disparage my friend just how those asshats Act with “Other” peoples” money.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ve noticed those canned email blasts our reps send out occasionally bragging about how because of their fiscal prowess, state revenues are robust and reason why we should continue to support them. I don’t think they think we realize a portion of that great revenue stream they’re bragging about is because they’re getting a windfall for taking the same sales tax rate on goods at highly inflated prices.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    We went down to the County bldg to pay our semi yearly tax tribute...stopped by to talk to the Assesors office and discovered ( you have to ask, they don't volunteer the info ) if your over 62 or a disabled Veteran you are eligible for a tax deduction. Next year our taxes on the Freehold should be around 100 for the year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We went down to the County bldg to pay our semi yearly tax tribute...stopped by to talk to the Assesors office and discovered ( you have to ask, they don't volunteer the info ) if your over 62 or a disabled Veteran you are eligible for a tax deduction. Next year our taxes on the Freehold should be around 100 for the year.
    Wow, is it "62 or older" or "over 62"? I just turned 62 back in December.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    This is all they exist to do. Pull more money from us.
    Fix the ****ing roads.
    The only reason they passed constitutional carry was so they could keep in power and keep taxing. A republican super majority means we should have lowest taxes, smallest govt, passed stricter abortion laws, stood up to the governor more and passed laws preventing shutdowns. Banned the CRT crap and trannys in schools. Did they do any of it? We got constitutional carry but we pay for it oh so much. Oh and the roads?! We pay registration once a year for that and huge gas taxes that increase every year and they still cheap out and use chip and seal!!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Robert Dabney hit the nail on the head....

“This is a party which never conserves anything. Its history has been that it demurs to each aggression of the progressive party, and aims to save its credit by a respectable amount of growling, but always acquiesces at last in the innovation. What was the resisted novelty of yesterday is today one of the accepted principles of conservatism; it is now conservative only in affecting to resist the next innovation, which will tomorrow be forced upon its timidity and will be succeeded by some third revolution; to be denounced and then adopted in its turn. American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward towards perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. . . . Its impotency is not hard, indeed, to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It intends to risk nothing serious for the sake of the truth, and has no idea of being guilty of the folly of martyrdom.”

That is from 1897.

Top Bottom