Indiana getting Arizona's Immigration Bill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Arizona immigration law coming to Indiana?

INDIANAPOLIS | Arizona's controversial new law making federal immigration violations a state crime soon may come to Indiana.
    State Sen. Mike Delph, R-Carmel, told The Times Wednesday that if Congress and the Obama administration do not act on illegal immigration soon, he will introduce legislation when the General Assembly convenes in January, giving police in Indiana the power to enforce immigration laws.
    "In the absence of some sort of federal action, we plan on addressing this in January," Delph said.
    The Arizona law, which has attracted boycotts of the state from around the country, makes it a misdemeanor state crime for any foreign national to be in the state if he or she is not carrying citizenship documents and proof of lawful entry into the United States. Federal law already requires legal and illegal aliens to always carry these registration documents.
    Delph said Indiana authorities should have similar powers to verify citizenship and lawful entry for suspected illegal immigrants, regardless of the controversy that may follow.
    "People that really don't want the law enforced now are seeing that there are steps being taken to enforce the law, and so they're coming up with excuses why the law shouldn't be enforced," Delph said.
    He said the boycotts of Arizona are "shameful political pandering" and reflect a "gross ignorance of existing federal law."
    But Tony Barreda, chairman of the East Chicago-based Community Coalition for Immigrants, who has already led protests of the Arizona law in Hammond and Chicago, said what Arizona politicians have done and what Delph is considering doing is nothing more than "pure, unadulterated political posturing.
    "To do this in Indiana where we're strapped economically, you can bet your life there will be a major movement here as far as boycotting the state itself," Barreda said.
    The best solution would be to legalize the estimated 12 million to 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States, he said. Then they will pay taxes and be able to move legitimately across the border.

HOOOOORRRRAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let the cops enforce the laws. They probably won't where I'm at anyways.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    aa-police-state-your-papers-please-excellent-one.jpg

mphurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Columbus
    "security system upgrades"? Are you talking about ammo? That was the first time I've seen the video. Thanks for posting it. I only threw up 7 times.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    The best solution would be to legalize the estimated 12 million to 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States, he said. Then they will pay taxes and be able to move legitimately across the border.

This idea wouldn't be bad if they made some requirements.

Like test on the constitution, american history, learning the english language. If they understand and belive in true liberity then I say bring them on in and make good republicans out of them.:D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One way to improve the law would be to mandate police enforce the law. We have too many mayors in this state that want to protect the illegals making them essentially sanctuary cities. I think those mayors and their police chief should be prosecuted for harboring criminals.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I emailed Sen. Delph and expressed my support for the bill, law, and any outcomes that we may deal with by enforcing our laws. I say if people want to boycott Indiana because we enforce laws, let them boycott.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    :poop:"To do this in Indiana where we're strapped economically, you can bet your life there will be a major movement here as far as boycotting the state itself," Barreda said. "The best solution would be to legalize the estimated 12 million to 20 million illegal immigrants in the United States," he said. "Then they will pay taxes and be able to move legitimately across the border. ":poop:

:xmad:No, the BEST SOLUTION would be to send their criminal a$$e$ back to whatever country they came from, something that should have been done long ago by the Feds!!!:twocents:

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    One way to improve the law would be to mandate police enforce the law. We have too many mayors in this state that want to protect the illegals making them essentially sanctuary cities. I think those mayors and their police chief should be prosecuted for harboring criminals.
    yeah, maybe you know, stop pushing parking/speeding tickets (i.e. revenue generation) and focus on actual criminals, Like illegal aliens. Heck, when I go visit my mother, you can find 20 at any time of the day at state and washington flagging people down looking for work.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Boycotting?

Give me a break. other companies would line up to fill the gap left by the lefties on their way out. Bring it on.

Top Bottom