Indiana gun dealers that stock ruger no. 1s?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    Hello all, this is my second post on this sight. My son and I are both looking for new Ruger no. 1s. Anybody know of a dealer in the northern part of the state, or Indy area tha actually stocks Ruger no. 1s? Specifically, we are looking for [new or used] big bores. 375 H&H, 375 Ruger, 450/400 3", or 458 win mag.

I've handled them, my son hasn't. We are looking at going back to Africa, in 2012. I don't want to just order one off the net, until my son gets a chance to handle a few. So any guidance on a shop that handles them would be a big help.

Thanks!

Mad Dog

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Cabela's had a 416 Rigby, a used 458 Lott and a used 450/400 about two weeks ago as well as some standard #1's as well.

The most I've seen in there in awhile.

Fort Liberty in Avon had a used stainless/laminated 416 Rigby a few weeks ago with a Leupold, brass and dies attractively priced.
    [STRIKE]

2nd Amendment
    [/STRIKE] sorry, Premier Arms in Brownsburg had a medium contour, so it was either a 45-70, 9.3x74R or 450-400.

Last edited:

TheOldBlaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Hello all, this is my second post on this sight. My son and I are both looking for new Ruger no. 1s. Anybody know of a dealer in the northern part of the state, or Indy area tha actually stocks Ruger no. 1s? Specifically, we are looking for [new or used] big bores. 375 H&H, 375 Ruger, 450/400 3", or 458 win mag.

I've handled them, my son hasn't. We are looking at going back to Africa, in 2012. I don't want to just order one off the net, until my son gets a chance to handle a few. So any guidance on a shop that handles them would be a big help.

Thanks!

Mad Dog
    Hi MD,
    Interesting, I seem to have 3 of the calibers you mention all in ruger No. 1 Tropical. A 375 H&H, a 450/400 3" and a .458 Win. Mag. You might like to know that Ruger pulled a fast one on putting the "Tropical" model name on the 450/400 as it is not the heavy weight that is typical of that series weighing a mere 7.75 lbs. as opposed to the 9-91/4 lbs of the other Tropicals. So what am I saying? Well as far as "handling" for your son, holding a "Medium Sporter" No. 1 will at least give him the same "feel" as far as weight goes. Ruger, as you may know has not made the No. 1 in 458 Win. Mag for some time now. They are great guns and I'm glad you enjoy them as well. TOB

Top Bottom