• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The Associated Press
    The number of gun permits issued by the state rose by 83 percent during 2013 from the previous year.

The Evansville Courier & Press reported Sunday that state police issued 111,000 personal protection permits in 2013. A the end of the year, Indiana had 538,000 active firearms license holders.

State police had generally received about 4,500 applications per month until last year, when deadly shooting events including that at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut in December 2012 led President Barack Obama to seek stricter ammunition policies and universal background checks. Indiana gun permit applications surged to 23,000 in January 2013, and applications for the first six months of the year reached 90,000.

State police add five workers to process permits. Bursten says those five positions will remain filled indefinitely.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Even after the shooting in the Martin's Supermarket here recently I think people are starting to become more aware of their surroundings and what could possibly happen to them in the least expected places. Todays society is not the same as it was when I was younger many decades ago.

The wool is starting to lift above sheeples eyes.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    6a010535ce1cf6970c017c354738c0970b-pi

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Haha these Barack Obama comments had me rolling but it really is true. So many new people are into guns now and open to learning about them here recently. If you are looking for some positives out of the current state of things, there certainly are some to be found! :D

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    I applied on the 4th of Feb and got mine 8 days later

Do you live downtown? I took my friend to the county building one monday to finalize all the paperwork and she got it about 8-9 days later...I was happy for her but secretly mad that she got hers so effing fast when i had to wait about 9 weeks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Do you live downtown? I took my friend to the county building one monday to finalize all the paperwork and she got it about 8-9 days later...I was happy for her but secretly mad that she got hers so effing fast when i had to wait about 9 weeks.

Mine was even faster. I applied and had mine 6 days later (this was back in December). Now I'm waiting for my UT permit... :D

Dmoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Otisco
    I am about to apply for mine. Anything i need to know that a newbie might not expect? Also, what is a UT permit?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am about to apply for mine. Anything i need to know that a newbie might not expect? Also, what is a UT permit?

Utah non-resident carry permit. The benefit is that it is recognized in more states than Indiana's LTCH, but isn't needed at all for Indiana carry. Ohio carry is one of the main reasons people get them. Florida has a similar setup. There are plenty of threads and local trainers it if you are interested.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You have to attend a class to pick up the UT permit. I did a class at Cabelas in Hammond, IN with Blackhawk Defense. I did the UT and (AZ to gain KS) as a legal carry state. You still have to have a Indiana LTCH though. You have a year to send off the paperwork for UT and AZ so I would suggest getting in a class ASAP while you wait on your Indiana LTCH to come in after submitting info.

As far as any tips go I would suggest getting the lifetime instead of 4 yrs. I believe everything has switched to the L1 for fingerprints instead of doing the old ink and paper method. L1 is supposed to be faster anyway.

Good Luck and Good for you on getting your LTCH.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    8% doesn't reflect the full gun-owning population. It wouldn't include those who: own only long arms, keep their gun at home/business, carry illegally.

Top Bottom