• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I got tickets through work for the March 10th Indiana Ice game and it's at the Pepsi Coliseum like usual. It's not the worst part of town but it's not the best part either and I would prefer to carry. Does anyone know if they so checks at the entrances? If they do, how thorough are they? Last time I went to an Ice game I was 6 or 7 so it's been a while.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    they do not check. I've carried there for the few games Ive been to...you should have no problems

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Indiana hates hockey. The Ice can't even give tickets away. Why would they want to bar entry to the few people who actually wanted to show up?

Of the small number of things I miss about Detroit, the NHL is right up there. :(

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Indiana hates hockey. The Ice can't even give tickets away. Why would they want to bar entry to the few people who actually wanted to show up?

Of the small number of things I miss about Detroit, the NHL is right up there. :(

Not down here in Evansville.. Went to the Evansville IceMen game last night to watch them beat up on the Fort Wayne's Komets. Almost a sale out crowd. :rockwoot:

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I stopped going to games when they changed into a teenaged team. I liked watching the older guys who busted ass every game and weren't afraid to toss the gloves.

pipman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    SW Indy
    That's what I thought too after going to a game a few years ago when we first moved to Indy, there were barely 100 people there. A few weeks ago we tried to take my daughter back since she is always begging to go and we stood in line for about 45 minutes in the lobby trying to get to the ticket window just to be constantly cut up by teenagers and/or drunk folks not giving a s**t about the rest of us in line. We finally had enough and left since the puck had already dropped. The place was crazy packed!

I must agree, there's nothing like a good Red Wings game! Lived up there for 15 yrs and that is the thing I miss the most, except the odd family member or two.:rolleyes:

And to answer the OP, yes my wife and I were both carrying. The main reason we left is out tempers were getting a little heated and we thought it be best if we just left in peace than get into a verbal altercation that could of escelated further.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's what I thought too after going to a game a few years ago when we first moved to Indy, there were barely 100 people there. A few weeks ago we tried to take my daughter back since she is always begging to go and we stood in line for about 45 minutes in the lobby trying to get to the ticket window just to be constantly cut up by teenagers and/or drunk folks not giving a s**t about the rest of us in line. We finally had enough and left since the puck had already dropped. The place was crazy packed!

I liked them when they were IHL. It was good quality hockey. And then it started slipping from league to league to its present USHL. I'm not a fan now. As for the NHL, it's hard to find games on TV. If you have the Versus network, you can get some of them. It's hard to be a fan, though, when 98% of the people around you have never heard of hockey. Indianapolis claims to be a sports town, but they're not. They're a Colts town only, and even that is half-hearted at best.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The myriad USA Team / Olympic sports HQ'd in Indy beg to differ... ;)

The fact that you brought up a no-name, non-pro group of teams before bringing up the Pacers or the Indiana Indians proves my point. I never said Indy didn't have sports teams. I said that it's not a sports town. No one cares about them. Once the Super Bowl was over with, have you talked sports with anyone at work on Monday morning? Gone to a game?

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    Not down here in Evansville.. Went to the Evansville IceMen game last night to watch them beat up on the Fort Wayne's Komets. Almost a sale out crowd. :rockwoot:
    GO PURPLE ACES!!! I use to rabbit hunt down there in the strip mines awhile back, and dirtbike ride through all the woods. Then my mom left the man that was from there, and haven't been back (that was awhile ago). I loved it down there though and plan on making it a bike trip soon!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    allow me to brag for just a minute...

I am a ref for the Nap town roller girls. They do almost all of their home bouts in the pepsi building. We draw a bigger crowd than the ice does. We have had to turn people away at the door because there was not more room for them.

/bragging.

Top Bottom