Indiana in the news after 4H fair brawl in South Bend...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I with ya! Growing up, my dad had 3 Allis. 2 D17's and a WD45. My dad still has one of the D17's to this day.

I've just got my little B.

IMG-0478.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, Bs were only wide front.

C's had a narrow front, but as my people were poor "dirt" farmers, 1 row at a time.

Man the old rigs we grew up with. AC's and old Deere's. Hand crank and flywheel start's. No recollection of what models they were. Far to rusty to care.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I remember having to take my uncle to the ER when he broke his arm trying to start the whatever it was he had out by the barn. I remember taking him to the ER for more than a few things...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember having to take my uncle to the ER when he broke his arm trying to start the whatever it was he had out by the barn. I remember taking him to the ER for more than a few things...

I have vivid memory's from young childhood of my Uncle being thrown several feet off the crank on one of the old tractors. Broke his arm. Seems he did not listen to Great grampa and paid the price. I learned a goodly amount of respect for those machines. I watched the men put the open drive belts on the side drive flywheel to run the satellite equipment and remove the belt......while the tractor was running. Same uncle got knocked down by it once but nothing broken.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I have vivid memory's from young childhood of my Uncle being thrown several feet off the crank on one of the old tractors. Broke his arm. Seems he did not listen to Great grampa and paid the price. I learned a goodly amount of respect for those machines. I watched the men put the open drive belts on the side drive flywheel to run the satellite equipment and remove the belt......while the tractor was running. Same uncle got knocked down by it once but nothing broken.
    Was that Uncle Watch This, Uncle B.S. or Uncle Ta Daaa ?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Had a 30 year old Ford orchard tractor with low hours on it before moving north, turning plow, disc, mower.
    Left it with my brother in Texas. Sure could use it now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is the extent of my knowledge of tractors.

[video=youtube_share;q1fjHS5Mryo]http://youtu.be/q1fjHS5Mryo[/video]

My son made it on Americas Funniest Home Videos with his. And I may or may not have been ever so slightly inebriated and did something very similar on a Craftsman lawn tractor many years ago.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...And I may or may not have been ever so slightly inebriated and did something very similar on a Craftsman lawn tractor many years ago.....

Last fall I did a wheelstand on a tractor my son and I are building just for fun for him to rip around the property on- we put on new pulleys (front and rear) to give a theoretical top speed in the 20s. Dad test rode it....at night, and after drifting sideways across the lawn, accidentally stabbed the clutch in and then released it too fast....resulting in said wheelstand that dumped me off the back.

....the tractor is in the garage, but we have not yet gotten back to that project.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Can't say I understand it, but it happens.

Your local 'Team' wins, and you burn your own town down...
    Your city has a 'Free Concert' and the fights/gunshots happen...
    The 4-H tries to have fair and the fights break out...

City people are funny that way.

Top Bottom