Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    exactly this. why?

it's about building their street cred.

i'm not saying it makes sense.
    I don't want the point you were making to get lost: we have enough laws on the books. The real problems are a) violent criminals who couldn't care less about laws, and b) prosecutors (and judges) who systemically fail to uphold and apply those laws against those violent criminals.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Free,.... HA! Had to change the address on mine because of a change in residence two weeks ago and had to pay $20. Bet I'll have to pay another $20 to change the address again in December when my new home is done.

Dirty Steve
    Maybe if you stopped pissing off the neighbors you wouldn't have to move so often?

:lmfao:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Not free in Indianapolis...they charge a $50 processing fee on top of digital fingerprinting fees. So far most counties are not charging processing fees....but don't count on that lasting long.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    good morning everyone,

my phone was acting really screwy trying to post here yesterday.

let me try to clear up my position.

i am in any way against CC. i do not believe more laws would be or should be necessary. in fact, i believe decriminalization is called for on several matters.

i do stand by what i have said many times. a lot of the gun violence committed by criminals would be stopped if the prosecutors & judges would act in our best interests and enforce the laws that are already on the books.

i have never felt that government should regulate or quantify our rights that we ACKNOWLEDGED and ENUMERATED in our constitution.

i do believe that until we have a legal system that works towards JUSTICE for all and not just criminals, CC at this time will decimate our inner cities.

i AM NOT blaming responsible, law-abiding citizens. i do know that my stance does appear, on the surface, to limit the rights of "proper people". but from the attitudes i see of the thugs and those who wish TO BE thugs, i foresee a lot more guns and gun crimes will be committed. and not just in the "hood".

yes, an idiot will be an idiot will be an idiot. and a dumb@ss will become an idiot just because they can.
    the laws ARE over-restrictive to the average person because we are the only people who follow them. i know that crims are not going to respect the laws anyway. i also know from personal observation that more idiots carrying guns will not be a good thing for any of us, proper or not.

i encourage all of us who want to our rights unhindered to speak up. start going to the public safety meetings. let the ones who got us into this mess that we want CC but we need them to be resposible and accountable so that we can CC safely and effectively.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Luke from Atkinson Firearms interviewed in the video.

Perrine confirmed that ISP received 7,136 applications through the site in the first 24 hours after the permits became fee exempt.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Someone walking around with a stolen gun is already a crime. Making honest people get a license to exercise a right that they already posses will not stop someone who is already willing to commit the crime.

I do agree with holding judges and prosecutors accountable. One of the things that pisses me off the most is when they use the excuse " well we didn't prosecute because we might not win". Just so they can have a high conviction rate. Ever wonder why the conviction rate average is what 93%? It's because they let all but the slam dunks walk.

If they prosecute they have no skin in the game. Prosecutors know that they will always move up even if they screw up. In my county, the prosecutors often do not live in the county where they work.

There is no pressure to do the right thing as "the system" will always forgive them, regardless of what they do (well, they get fired if they get arrested, but regardless of what happens in court, they are protected). Thus the saying in Tippecanoe County "screw up, move up". I have already given the example of the prosecutors that bungled the murder of my neighbor. They are now judges (both appointed). Where is the incentive?

This culture of apathy creates chaos for those of us that must live under their non-feasance. I say this as a member of an abandoned neighborhood. The Prosecuting Attorney's abdication of leadership has left law enforcement free to ignore us and impose outright malfeasance upon us.

The cure is to care. People (voters) simply must pay attention to extremely powerful "down ballot" constitutional officers such as Prosecuting Attorney. People are busy, they want to debate the wife about which color to paint the kitchen, they want to go out to eat, they want to take the kids to soccer practice, they want to go home, but ignoring those that are screwing us over is less than optimal to say the least.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    i do believe that until we have a legal system that works towards JUSTICE for all and not just criminals, CC at this time will decimate our inner cities.
    But the thing is theres now 21 states that have CC and the wild wild west hasn't happened. Inner city hoodrats are gonna hoodrat regardless if CC is in place.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    But the thing is theres now 21 states that have CC and the wild wild west hasn't happened. Inner city hoodrats are gonna hoodrat regardless if CC is in place.
    Agreed. All due respect to Grillak, but we ought not suspend or delay constitutional rights based on criminals and their behavior. Currently, law-abiding Americans in many states are mandated by government to submit to governments permission in order to bear arms. Criminals already completely disregard the law. Law-abiding citizens ought not be mandated to seek permission. With constitutional carry, all that changes is law-abiding citizens no longer must ask government for permission to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Agreed. All due respect to Grillak, but we ought not suspend or delay constitutional rights based on criminals and their behavior. Currently, law-abiding Americans in many states are mandated by government to submit to governments permission in order to bear arms. Criminals already completely disregard the law. Law-abiding citizens ought not be mandated to seek permission. With constitutional carry, all that changes is law-abiding citizens no longer must ask government for permission to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
    i do agree wholewheartedly. but the view that i see is the only thing keeping a lot of wannabees from carrying is the paperwork involved.

i am totally against ANY & ALL infringement on my rights. any delay or compromise is unacceptable. that is why i encourage us, as the responsible citizens, to go to our elected & appointed officials to stop giving criminals more consideration than law abiding people.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    so true. but MORE hoodrats is not good for anyone.

in the current climate, i stand more of a chance of prosecution for defending myself than the criminals who start out with every intention of offending.

the fix for my trepidation is to let our elected officials know our needs to be safe and secure in our CC

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    but MORE hoodrats is not good for anyone.
    I'm not sure why you think CC will make more hoodrats :scratch: Seems to me that's a lifestyle choice and has nothing to do with what laws are on the books. Besides gangsters aren't gonna gain any street cred by having a carry permit issued by the .gov.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    i do agree wholewheartedly. but the view that i see is the only thing keeping a lot of wannabees from carrying is the paperwork involved.

i am totally against ANY & ALL infringement on my rights. any delay or compromise is unacceptable. that is why i encourage us, as the responsible citizens, to go to our elected & appointed officials to stop giving criminals more consideration than law abiding people.
    I`m sorry buddy, I just don`t get where you`re coming from. It`s clear that a lot of people already carry without the carry permit. Good citizens shouldn`t have to go through the process, because it`s our unalienable right and, we`re law-abiding. I just don`t think that anyone who isn`t already breaking the law and carrying without the permit will suddenly do so with constitutional carry.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'm not sure why you think CC will make more hoodrats :scratch: Seems to me that's a lifestyle choice and has nothing to do with what laws are on the books. Besides gangsters aren't gonna gain any street cred by having a carry permit issued by the .gov.
    that's exactly my point.

notice how throughout how i always end with "fix the legal system"?

if you could spend a few days around the people i have seen for years until they commit murder or are murdered, you would understand.

i want the same thing as every other constitutionally minded person. i would like a real effort made to fix the legal system along with it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    that's exactly my point.

notice how throughout how i always end with "fix the legal system"?

if you could spend a few days around the people i have seen for years until they commit murder or are murdered, you would understand.

i want the same thing as every other constitutionally minded person. i would like a real effort made to fix the legal system along with it.
    "Fixing" the legal system is feckless. The only outcome there is the stupidity of minimum mandatory sentences or 100:1 sentencing ratios imposed by politicians in a vote bidding war or, as we have in Indiana, IPAC writing the entire criminal code.

We need fewer laws which will lead to more justice. Politicians cannot "crack down on criminals", it is a sham for votes. Polticians/police/prosecutors only hurt the law-abiding as the criminals will always exist and do not pay heed to their mindless lectures.

CopperheadL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2017
    Usa
    Free,.... HA! Had to change the address on mine because of a change in residence two weeks ago and had to pay $20. Bet I'll have to pay another $20 to change the address again in December when my new home is done.

Dirty Steve
    you can use the website and change the address on your permit there for free., you do not have to order a new card with every address change.

Top Bottom