• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    FIRST, I know they honor it, not a problem, not a question.

I have not been down there for two years, work situation prevented it. I am leaving early A.M. next Thursday to go to Mom's in SW Florida.

Now to the question, is Florida still CC only or has it moved to either CC or OC? Doesn't bother me to CC down there, rather not set the old codgers off on a coronary :n00b: :D But would like to know where they stand.

Thank you in advance.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Absolute CC only!!! I wish it wasn't that way, I lived there for a year and it sucked having that hot leather holster in my back every day.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Their CC is almost humorous, has to be completely concealed, but don't have to hide the bulge :D

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Florida has several exceptions to their concealment requirement including fishing. However, yes, in most cases concealment is requirement.

Are you going to Sarasota? Say hello to my uncle.:D

Cape Coma, AKA Cape Coral outside of the Fort

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Try and get smart while on vacation carrying a weapon and see how the rest of your trip goes, you might win in court but what about getting arrested, bailing out, having your weapon taken for a few months, flying back and forth for court dates, paying a lawyer a couple grand...

I believe the exceptions for OC'ing are going to\from the range, hunting, fishing, etc.

So when it is all said and done the law there is CC only and that is what you need to do, I am ALL for OC'ing but it's all about picking your battles.

You would be surprised how many people carry there regardless of how hot it is and how little they wear, smaller weapons though. I carried a Walther PPS in a MTAC there 24\7, talk about a gun that just disappeared!

Enjoy your trip brother!

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Not planning on OCing, but I know from multiple previous trips since my Mom has lived there for years that as long as the sidearm can NOT be seen it doesn't matter if its obvious you are carrying.

I just wanted to find out if they had changed their law over to OC or not as I haven't been down for two years and a LOT can change in two years.

Top Bottom