Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I continue my quest.

kungfucainedesert.jpg

I thought I remember hearing your quest wound up getting you killed...in a odd and embarrassing manner.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I thought I remember hearing your quest wound up getting you killed...in a odd and embarrassing manner.

But right before I die someone will show me SOMETHING that says no photo on the Larry prevents reciprocity, or at least this is what the Dali Lama told me, so I have THAT going for me.

Just don't understand the "I see picture therefore I exist" school of philosophy. Maybe it is a vanity thing?

Hey, ladies, just look my photo. Maybe it is a government head pat thing? I don't know. Just one of those things that bugs me. I will obtain my answer. Tonight, triple mook jong drill.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, I have also heard that part of the reason certain states do or do not recognize others permits is due to pictures on cards. But I also think a lot of it has to do with class time or "training" that is required. I also can't state an proof of the picture thing but I hear it a lot!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Seems the only "official" responses to be the lack of required training (why Ohio doesn't accept ours) to the governor simply hasn't signed an agreement with the other state (West Virginia).

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Correct. Some states also have the only if equal reciprocity is given thing too... Still on the picture on your larry thing though. I know that in some states while they may not require you to have a picture on your licence or permit depending on state terminology. But they do require you to have some form of picture ID to accompany it like your drivers licence.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I have been searching for the IC stating you don't have to have the LTCH in your possession anymore and can't seem to find it. Anyone care to share. (I need to show it to a skeptical coworker)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I thought there was a section that more explicitly states having the LTCH in one's possession is not required, but whether I missed it or it isn't there, this section essentially codifies the same result:

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or establishment of exemption
    Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.
    (b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought there was a section that more explicitly states having the LTCH in one's possession is not required, but whether I missed it or it isn't there, this section essentially codifies the same result:

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or establishment of exemption
    Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.
    (b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

If memory serves, they simply removed the language that said you had to have the LTCH on you when asked about it. As we all know, if it doesn't say it's against the law, it's not against the law.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I'm not 100% certain I'd be for that. But since it is no longer necessary for you to have the little pink permission slip in your possession I would say that there is no longer any reason for the State to issue a nicer, more durable card. I admit I've gone ahead and snapped a picture of mine with my smartphone so I have it handy if need be.

EDIT: Bah. Beat me.

Not sure why I didn't think of this. Thanks for the great idea.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    The reason Indiana never had a more durable license was that the State Police felt that the Legislature never appopriated funds specifically to administer the licensing and they were not going to spend a penny more out of their budget than necessary.
    And remember if you display your smartphone to an officer he may decide he has probable cause to search through it. More than one individual has been arrested due to phone content.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom