• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Its a small world. I know Guy and I know Mike Speedy.

The Matrix is a closed loop.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder how it all ended up.

That was way back in 2012, so I assume there was a settlement and it was stipulated to keep quiet.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I missed the date part. I just came across it and assumed this was something new as I didn't remember hearing anything about it.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I went through part of the older thread and can't see that there was an outcome. Anyone know if it was settled? Maybe S&S can come on with a new user name and update and get banned again. LOL

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I went through part of the older thread and can't see that there was an outcome. Anyone know if it was settled? Maybe S&S can come on with a new user name and update and get banned again. LOL

I suspect he is back and just behaving this time around. Only him or a Mod knows for sure.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Through the wonder of mycase:

https://mycase.in.gov/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=18024833

Looks to me like he lost:
    11/25/2013 Converted Event"Order on Summary Judgment" issd. (granted in favor of defendants) (kl) (DISPOSED: BT ) (RJO? Y) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 2013-11-25

If I'm reading it right, it looks like he lost hard enough to have to pay the company nearly $300 in their costs:

03/25/2014 Converted Event"Order Granting Defendant's REquest for Costs" issd. ($291.52) (kl) (DISPOSED: REDBD) (RJO? Y) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 2014-03-25

I'm certainly no expert at civil law, hopefully one of our resident lawyers can confirm.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, that's not good.

No praecipe for appeal, either, so it looks like it is done.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It should have been immaterial to the case, but it's a dead certainty that he would never have had this problem at all if he hadn't caused a negligent discharge, even though it was off company property, aggravated by the fact that the law was called in to investigate, never a good thing if you want to keep a low profile.
    He pretty much painted a target on his own back, literally.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It should have been immaterial to the case, but it's a dead certainty that he would never have had this problem at all if he hadn't caused a negligent discharge, even though it was off company property, aggravated by the fact that the law was called in to investigate, never a good thing if you want to keep a low profile.
    He pretty much painted a target on his own back, literally.

That is what I was thinking as well. It certainly didn't help anything.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    That's interesting that they did not win this as they made it sound like it was a slam dunk. Then to get to pay your former employers costs. Ouch.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I suspect it came back to Indiana's hire-at-will-fire-at-will framework. The argument would be that the employer did not have to give any reason, so even if they gave a bad one, it didn't matter.

Or, more likely, dude's story that he was fired for having he AR was... embellished. If the employer fired him without explanation, or for some other valid reason, then game over.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's also worth commenting that he was banned from here, so it's likely that he had other issues that contributed to this.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I suspect it came back to Indiana's hire-at-will-fire-at-will framework. The argument would be that the employer did not have to give any reason, so even if they gave a bad one, it didn't matter.

Or, more likely, dude's story that he was fired for having he AR was... embellished. If the employer fired him without explanation, or for some other valid reason, then game over.

This could be likely. He may have been fired for other reasons, and was trying "to get back" at his employer.

Top Bottom