• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I have a general question and would like some input from you folks. I trust your opions as Gun Owners who are Law Abiding citizens.

Question: What is your opinon of the Indiana Militia?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I have a general question and would like some input from you folks. I trust your opions as Gun Owners who are Law Abiding citizens.

Question: What is your opinon of the Indiana Militia?

There are several. Some are more structered than others. Do you mean "as a concept," or are you talking about specific people in one of them?

It's hard to generalize. It's like asking "what do you think about gunowners?".

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Question: What is your opinion of the Indiana Militia?

Good way to end up on a FBI watchlist. Read websites and if they mention anything about overthrowing the government (in any circumstance) you can rest assured that they have every member on a watchlist and are paying attention to what there doing, purchasing patterns and travel habits. :twocents:

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Good way to end up on a FBI watchlist. Read websites and if they mention anything about overthrowing the government (in any circumstance) you can rest assured that they have every member on a watchlist and are paying attention to what there doing, purchasing patterns and travel habits. :twocents:
    Does that mean we're all on the watch list now because you mentioned them>

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure if this answers your question or not, but here is Article 12 of the Indiana Constitution.

ARTICLE 12. Militia

Section 1. Composition

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.
    (History: As Amended November 3, 1936; November 5, 1974).

Section 2. Commander-in-chief

Section 2. The Governor is Commander-in-Chief of the militia and other military forces of this state.
    (History: As Amended November 5, 1974).

Section 3. Adjutant general

Section 3. There shall be an Adjutant General, who shall be appointed by the Governor.

Section 4. Conscientious objectors

Section 4. No person, conscientiously opposed to bearing arms, shall be compelled to do so in the militia.

Section 5. Repealed

(Repealed November 5, 1974).
    Section 6. Repealed

(Repealed November 5, 1974).
    Updated: 25 Februrary 1999

Constitution of the State of Indiana : Indiana Law

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you are a conservative, own a gun, ex military, or like Ron Paul you may be on a watch list right now. But as already said, according to Article 12 you are probably in the Indiana Militia by default. I would be hesitant to associate myself with a group that may end up doing something I don't agree with. You know, guilt by association. Then again, I am a conservative and I own a gun.....

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I think somebody has been listening to much coast to coast. As to the militia I have no opinion as I do not know much about them. I have seen a few in other states that are a little "extreme", but fanatics abound.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We are all being watched now anyways! "They" are always watching guys don't be fooled.

Seriously though, I had a friend look at joining in Northern Indiana and he said he went to a meeting and all anyone did was complain about the current situation. No ideas how to fix anything, just complaining. He said that he brought up the idea of passing out information pamphlets or something and everyone looked at him like he was a tard and dismissed the idea.

No experience, just what I was told.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Do you truly believe this? I really feel sorry for you if you do...

I think the operative phrase in the statement was "may be".

No one would ever know for sure whether they were on such a list unless and until that knock on the door in the middle of the night, or possibly a well-crafted and lucky FOIA request.

It is a well known fact that our government keeps lists of suspected terrorists. What is to keep someone off the list except the definition of suspected terrorists? One doesn't have to Google to far to see that some in power have a rather liberal definition.

For those who think it can't happen here, remember, most people who lived in the times and places that it did happen didn't think it could happen to them either.

I'm not saying I believe it will happen, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility, and is becoming more plausible as time marches on.

A great backgrounder on how such things have come into being is Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archapelago.

I think failure to understand and accept this possibility indicates too much faith in the nature of government or, more likely, to little understanding of that nature.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I think the operative phrase in the statement was "may be".

No one would ever know for sure whether they were on such a list unless and until that knock on the door in the middle of the night, or possibly a well-crafted and lucky FOIA request.

It is a well known fact that our government keeps lists of suspected terrorists. What is to keep someone off the list except the definition of suspected terrorists? One doesn't have to Google to far to see that some in power have a rather liberal definition.

For those who think it can't happen here, remember, most people who lived in the times and places that it did happen didn't think it could happen to them either.

I'm not saying I believe it will happen, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility, and is becoming more plausible as time marches on.

A great backgrounder on how such things have come into being is Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archapelago.

I think failure to understand and accept this possibility indicates too much faith in the nature of government or, more likely, to little understanding of that nature.
    Yeah, I think I remember something about a recent President signing a law that allowed the government to spy on its own citizens without any wiretap warrants. Funny thing, though... I'm pretty sure he wasn't liberal! :D

Top Bottom