• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    I've been working on my ninja rig. Does 2 pistol mag pouches, 2 AR15 mag pouches and a thigh rig for 2 Saiga mags sound about right for Open Division?

Two 12-round Saiga mags on your belt will most likely be enough for any club 3-Gun match- especially if you can start with a mag loaded. Be advised that there are the occasional empty starts. If you can fit a cinched pair of mags in one or both of your mag pouches, then you'll be really golden. Also, there are indeed times, especially at bigger matches, where you'll run into a Multi-Gun COF with more than 20+ rounds of shotgun... as for an all-shotgun COF, I've run into a couple 37-round monsters.

This is comparing my Tactical Division rig to your Open rig, but it's not totally apples to oranges... I normally run two spare pistol mags on my belt, and three if the COF requires an empty gun in the holster. I always take four pistol mag pouches to a 3-Gun match, two of which typically stay in my range bag. As for rifle, I always like to carry at least one spare 30-rounder. Again, if it's an unloaded start or if the rifle must be staged unloaded, I like to carry at least two mags on me.

RZ

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Way to go Kent!! 2nd place!

yippeee !!

Good day for me. I even hit my pistol mag relase button on a stage by mistake.
    No other issues really and the purple Saiga ran pretty well but it says something when guys like Ryan can stuff a tube bout as fast as I can change a mag.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I coudn't make it last minute.......and I can't make it to the next one at wildcat....I'm just full of fail when it comes to 3 gun lately.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Disappointing match for me. Broke the bolt handle on my Saiga (sound familiar Kent?). Followed Larry home and we were able to replace it with a 1/4 X 28 so that shouldn't happen again. DNFed the last stage as it wouldn't feed, haven't been able to duplicate the issue since I got home so I'm blaming Ryan for being a jinx.

The good part about the match is that I now know what to expect and I should be better prepared for the next one.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Disappointing match for me. Broke the bolt handle on my Saiga (sound familiar Kent?). Followed Larry home and we were able to replace it with a 1/4 X 28 so that shouldn't happen again. DNFed the last stage as it wouldn't feed, haven't been able to duplicate the issue since I got home so I'm blaming Ryan for being a jinx.

The good part about the match is that I now know what to expect and I should be better prepared for the next one.

Sorry bro, I didnt even take out the last one that broke in mine. I even had a SS one in and I didnt think THAT would snap off at the face like it did.

Just remember, next year we should be shooting the MKA in these. :draw:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    The next match is still scheduled as a Multigun. I get back from Europe 2 days before that, actually late Oct 7..... I'm going to need ALL the set help I can get on the 8th.

Top Bottom