Decided to start a new thread for this:

Event #2
    April 11th, 2015 - South Central Gun Club
    RO Walkthru: 9:30am
    Shooters' Meeting: 10:00am
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting
    Stages: 6
    RULES: Indiana Multi-Gun Rules
    MATCH FEE: $25 Adult, $15 Juniors, Active Military. RO's and Friday set up crew FREE.

If you are an RO and can take a squad, or if you can help with set up April 10th, PM or email me ahead of time. (kevinsr98@gmail.com)

Approximate Minimum Round count (if you don't miss):
    Rifle – 75
    Handgun - 75
    Birdshot – 60
    Slugs - 0

Maximum Rifle distance will be apx 100 yards.

Three stages will require all 3 guns
    One stage will be Pistol only
    One stage will be Rifle/Shotgun
    One stage will be Pistol/Shotgun

Directions to the club can be found at southcentralgunclub.com
    Rules can be found at indianamultigun.com

NOTE: All matches at South Central are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. All guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. Long guns should remain bagged, or in a rack with an open action, and/or an "empty chamber indicator" (flag) in place. It is the shooter's responsibility to ensure that the muzzle of any gun is never pointed in an unsafe direction. You may only handle your gun only at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas. Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    5 of 6 stages are set. Will set up the last stage early in the morning. Any help is appreciated. Registration will open at 9 am.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks to everyone who attended today. Special thanks to the set up crew and RO's. We had 48 shooters for our first 3 gun match!

The only real problem was the Kindles. The results will not be on practiscore and may take a while. They will be posted in this thread. Thanks for your patience.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought the match went pretty well. The delay headed into Stage 6 kinda ducked but it happens.

1 suggestion for something like the mag change stage would be an upper and lower set of targets and then just have the stage description read engage upper targets, mag change, lower targets. Scores easier that way.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    I thought the match went pretty well. The delay headed into Stage 6 kinda ducked but it happens.

1 suggestion for something like the mag change stage would be an upper and lower set of targets and then just have the stage description read engage upper targets, mag change, lower targets. Scores easier that way.

I think it went very well for their first match. Some of the stage descriptions were lacking in certain areas, but those can be a PITA to write and then put them into a physical design without any discrepancies.

I think the only major issue was the "fault line" on stage 6 for the plate rack. The 180 rule is in place for a reason, I dont see how some shooters could be called on "180" if they were over the fault line engaging the plate rack, but clearly not breaking the 180. Also, I heard some people got DQ'd on stage 5 for placing their long gun on the table instead of in the barrel. If its on safe, and in a safe direction, shouldnt that have been a procedural and not a DQ?

Other than those 2 things coming into question it was a great match and very well done for their first attempt.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Stage rules can over rule match rules. It was spelled out in advance. Could have been marked a little clearer maybe with a barrel or sometHing.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Stage rules can over rule match rules? I guess I understand that but if we are going to start sending guys home for breaking procedural rules but staying safe there's going to be MANY hurt feelings. Abandoning a SAFE gun pointed down range just in the wrong spot or taking shots that are 180 safe but over a certain fault line are reasons to send guys home??

Other than those couple issues I thought the match ran GREAT. Sure there was a little bottleneck before 6 but that was a FUN stage so it was well worth it. Offhand 100+ yard rifle shots are awesome.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Stage rules can over rule match rules? I guess I understand that but if we are going to start sending guys home for breaking procedural rules but staying safe there's going to be MANY hurt feelings. Abandoning a SAFE gun pointed down range just in the wrong spot or taking shots that are 180 safe but over a certain fault line are reasons to send guys home??

Other than those couple issues I thought the match ran GREAT. Sure there was a little bottleneck before 6 but that was a FUN stage so it was well worth it. Offhand 100+ yard rifle shots are awesome.

I agree with you. Our goal is to have a safe match. On that particular stage it would not have been a DQ, because it was not unsafe. The stage descriptions were lacking and that's on me. It will get better.

Top Bottom