• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Discrimination against Heavy Tac! Discrimination! Conspiracy! Just another case of The Man trying to keep .30 caliber down.
    I guess the competition in HvyTac was just too hot to watch.

We just need to get more people shooting Heavy Metal! I plan on shooting Open for half the season & Heavy Metal the other half. I have a Scar 17 I want to play around with.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Need help picking a division. I have no experience with 3 gun. I have a Glock 17, 2 AR15s (16in Chromo barrel w/open sights, stock trigger; or 20in Stainless Steel SAM-R Barrel, Geissele enhanced trigger, adjustable gas block, reduced recoil buffer and spring, 3x9 Leupold Patrol scope and possible 45 degree offsets) and looking to enter the shotgun world with a Remington 870 Tactical that I found for $295.

With that setup what division would you pick? What would your gameplan be.....begin

Shoot limited with the iron sighted upper and geissle lower. The 870 would work. You'll want chokes and 8 round d capacity though.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    We just need to get more people shooting Heavy Metal! I plan on shooting Open for half the season & Heavy Metal the other half. I have a Scar 17 I want to play around with.

I shot Hvy Tac. (with a SCAR) at the matches I made it to last year, and was usually the only one. There was another guy (you?) at one match that I know of, then I brought another to the last match at Wildcat. I never shot at Hillside, but as far as I know, that was it for HM and Hvy Tac.
    That still surprises me. I thought more people would shoot it after the introduction of the Hvy Tac class. Yeah, I know .308 ammo costs more, but the approx 40-50 rounds of rifle ammo fired on top of the other ammo doesn't make that big of an increase in the overall cost of going.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    I shot Hvy Tac. (with a SCAR) at the matches I made it to last year, and was usually the only one. There was another guy (you?) at one match that I know of, then I brought another to the last match at Wildcat. I never shot at Hillside, but as far as I know, that was it for HM and Hvy Tac.
    That still surprises me. I thought more people would shoot it after the introduction of the Hvy Tac class. Yeah, I know .308 ammo costs more, but the approx 40-50 rounds of rifle ammo fired on top of the other ammo doesn't make that big of an increase in the overall cost of going.

I tried, but it was too expensive to get the rifle to play in that sandbox. Wish they rules would change so you could at least shoot 300ACC/Blackout for Hvy Tac. I would put an upper on my AR and be shooting that class. Instead, I get to go to Tac Optic. Tac Limited was out of the question with my old eyes.

:rockwoot:to more youth shooters. Bring them on and give all the old guys a hard time because they can run and shoot.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    That is the main reason for not having any Heavy Classes as part of the Points Series. Never enough shooters. You can still come shoot Heavy classes, they just aren't part of the points series.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Has been brought to our attention that the April 20 event is on Easter. We will be moving that event to April 27 (the following weekend).

Thanks to Rob for bringing that to my attention!

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel

The last match of the year I shot HT, it was fun. I'll probably shoot it a time or two this season too.

Unfortunately there just isn't enough consistent HT shooters to justify it in the series points. If we can get enough consistent HT shooters together though, that can change.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Just saw this from Indiana Multigun on Facebook:

For everyone on the fence about trying a 3gun event, Hillside Shooting Sports will be holding a 3gun Practice Session On April 12th starting at 12pm.

Definitely gonna try and make this!

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    If you've shot IDPA, USPSA, SCSA, or most any of the various sanctioned shooting disciplines our there, then you already get the gist of what INMG is also. Just show up and bring what you have. Don't worry about being competitive the first time. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Once you get hooked, then you can look and see what you need to up your game.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was wondering how much snow is in Atlanta's bays? Might make set up easy if we just have to put sticks into the snow and not use target stands.

Southpaw91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Hey guys, new here. Really interested in getting involved with multigun. I have my pistol and rifle all lined up, but i have a question about the shotgun. I have a SBE II for waterfowl hunting. It has a 28 inch barrel and i have a nordic +9 extension i put on for shooting clays and whatnot. will that setup work or should i go another route?

tohm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Lowell
    nothing works better than taking what you have and coming out to try out the game. Just about everyone finds a different combination that fits them so as long as it isn't a single barrel 10 ga give it a try. If you want to try shooting someone else's set up almost everyone i have met will allow a fellow shooter to try out their equipment. That way you can shoot instead of buy and learn what you want.

Top Bottom