• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwartzki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It was on the 6 o'clock news tonight in Fort Wayne. Going over Indiana's low 38th place on the Brady Campaign list of states Gun Laws. It was all about the Brady Campaign and how loose our laws are here in the state. How anyone can go to a gun show and get a gun. I got to upset half way through to hear it all clearly.

I haven't found the link yet on their website if anyone else saw it or finds the article please post it here for all to see. I think we should voice our disapproval for it being a very one sided story.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Anyone have the statistic as to where we place as far as firearm related violence per capita?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If we're 38th on the Brady List, doesn't that make us 12th on the common-sense index? Depending on how many states there are exactly.

The gun lobby pushes gun laws, particularly at the state level, that forces guns into the workplace, schools and campuses, and our Nation's Capital. The gun lobby has pushed laws that force law enforcement to allow virtually anyone to carry loaded hiddenhandguns in public. The result is that it easier for dangerous people to get dangerous weapons.
    This from the Brady website. So loaded + hidden = bad, which means, I guess, that the Brady Bunch supports OC. There you have it!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    When a bunch of statist pigs like the folks at the brady campaign are telling me I am doing something bad, I know I'm doing something right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Kentucky has us beat though. I'm guessing that most intelligent people score the brady crap like golf. The lower the score, the better. We scored a 4 but Kentucky beat us with a 2. Still, that's not as good as Alaska's 0. I think we should try harder. I know a zero is in us if we try harder.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    The ditz who wrote this and called the Brady campaign non-partisan needs to have her head examined.

It's like anything else... They figure if they say it often enough the blind bleating sheep will believe it...(and they are often correct in that regard. Next time you meet a liberal ask and you will see).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    It's like anything else... They figure if they say it often enough the blind bleating sheep will believe it...(and they are often correct in that regard. Next time you meet a liberal ask and you will see).
    For the Bradys to write this claptrap I understand, but for a newschick to just parrot the Brady claims as if they are fact is simply unacceptable for a "news" organization.

And my apologies to serious reporters of the female persuasion, being PC and all that.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    For the Bradys to write this claptrap I understand, but for a newschick to just parrot the Brady claims as if they are fact is simply unacceptable for a "news" organization.

And my apologies to serious reporters of the female persuasion, being PC and all that.

Well that explains why you are upset. You expected a news organization. The msm is not a news organization. It's a propaganda device. Tell-a-vision.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We are only 38? I want to see the rating system! I demand a recount!

We can do better. Next year--45 or bust!:xmad:

I'm very disappointed. I would be modrately content to be in the top 10. As a state, we should aspire to set the bench mark, not be a *yawn* also-ran.:patriot:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I just looked out my window and the streets were not running red with blood as this article and the Brady people would have you believe. I don't understand it, surely they wouldn't lie.

Top Bottom