• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I currently have a 4 year permit, I am wanting to get my lifetime here soon. So it states in my county it's $60 to the state police & $40 to my county sheriff. So I was told I would still have to get finger printed again, then I was told I didn't.
    So has anyone done this, held a 4 year permit, then before it expired got your lifetime. What did you have to do? Thanks for your replies.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I had to get printed. Had to get printed every time I renewed my 4 yr license too if memory serves me correctly...this time I did the digital prints.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    If it's still the same, then you'll get printed again. I held a 4 year, then a few months before it expired I got a Lifetime. It was the exact same process as the first time, prints and everything. This was about 4 years ago.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Since this is the Indiana Gun Owners Forum there is an obligation to point out the Great State of Indiana issues a License To Carry a Handgun (LTCH), not a permit. With that said you'll need to do fingerprints again. It's for a background check so they do not remain on file.

Carey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Mentone
    Yes you have to go through the process all over again. Mine took about 2 months to recieve. My wife's took 3 months. We both turned in at the same time.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I currently have a 4 year permit, I am wanting to get my lifetime here soon. So it states in my county it's $60 to the state police & $40 to my county sheriff. So I was told I would still have to get finger printed again, then I was told I didn't.
    So has anyone done this, held a 4 year permit, then before it expired got your lifetime. What did you have to do? Thanks for your replies.

I just upgraded my 4yr to lifetime last month. It is indeed $60 to state, $40 to local, and you do have to get fingerprinted again (even though that's crazy). I did my fingerprints at the Allen Protection Services on Bluffton road in Fort Wayne. In case you are wondering too, CC police submitted my app the same day to the state. I had pink card in the mailbox a week later.

Sincerely,
    Your fellow Columbia City citizen

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I heard the Lifetime LTCH is going away. . . . . .

:runaway:

It took almost 14 weeks to process my first 4 year license.
    I renewed my 4 year at least 5 times before the lifetime became available.
    When they announced the lifetime license, I had 8 months left on my current license.
    I had to wait an agonizing 2 whole months before I was allowed the opportunity to apply for the lifetime.

My lifetime license took almost 8 weeks to process.
    This was back in the stone age, before 'puters and such...

I tell people, "My license expires when I do."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom