• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Little birdie told me today that the Person who filled the citizens petition is also the person involved in trying to stop coyote killing contest.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    I would really like to see the numbers on this. At the parts per billion level I can probably find gold in your back yard, but you aren't going to get rich.

And lets not forget that ALL of the yellow paint on the highway is full of lead chromate, mandated by the same government.
    Yellow lane lines were historically colored with lead chromate, but the pigment has been phased out for toxicity reasons.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yellow lane lines were historically colored with lead chromate, but the pigment has been phased out for toxicity reasons.

Government has been trying to reduce it but it's still quite common and understandably so. It's impossible to get the same coverage with unleaded lightfast yellow as you do with lead chromate. Long before you get to the same opacity the paint gets to the consistency of mayonnaise. Lots of places I go I see beige instead of yellow marking and fire hydrants.

Same problem you get when trying to make a really saturated yellow for automotive colors.

Top Bottom