Indiana Purges 22% Of Registered Voters...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    My mother, mother in-law, step dad, father in-law and others are or were still on the books for decades after they passed away and even though I was a precinct committee man, I couldn't get them removed. But now that Pence and Holcomb are in charge, it's in there interest to get the dead purged and the rolls cleaned up, good thing too.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My mother, mother in-law, step dad, father in-law and others are or were still on the books for decades after they passed away and even though I was a precinct committee man, I couldn't get them removed. But now that Pence and Holcomb are in charge, it's in there interest to get the dead purged and the rolls cleaned up, good thing too.

What was the roadblock in getting them removed?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Connie Lawson has made cleaning up the voter registration a priority since she was elected Secretary of State. The Indy news sources try to make a big deal of it before every election. Given that it had been close to a decade since the voter registration had been thoroughly reviewed, it is not too surprising that a lot were purged.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Wife was good, I wasn't. Thanks! Now I will be ready to vote on the next VP for P!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, I've checked mine periodically in the past and updated address previously. This was a good reminder though as I see they have 2 factor that you can setup to protect access to checking and updating your record, which I just enabled.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    "We could not find voter registration from the information you entered."

Hmm. The ONLY time I have missed voting, was when I voted in the 2008 general elections by absentee, which the county election board had no record of when I came home in 2009 (I am sure my ballot was thrown away). Guess I am going to have to go jerk a knot in someone again. Couple that with my attitude lately I will probably need bail money on hand.

***Edit*** MY NAME IS SPELLED INCORRECTLY ON THE VOTER ROLLS!!!!!!! I always thought Michael was common spelling. I guess around here, Micheal is the common spelling.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom