• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He has some podcast stuff out there, I think. People may be able to review that for their own assessment.

He's always been reasonable and articulate in my conversations with him, but they weren't deep conversations or anything.

He's a nice guy.

So you mean in the same sense that rhino means when he says, "she seems nice"?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just for informational purposes, I'm not personally endorsing her, as I haven't made up my mind who I'm voting for in the Primary.

I just saw on Facebook that Victoria Spartz was given the NRA endorsement for the 5th District.
    She made the following statement.

"I would like to share some great news: the National Rifle Association announced today that it has endorsed me in the race for Indiana’s 5th Congressional District.

As someone who grew up under a government dictatorship and understands that the fundamental reason for the 2nd Amendment is to protect people from any potential tyranny of the government, I am honored to be the only candidate in the 5th District to be endorsed by the NRA.

We must always remember that our Founding Fathers made this amendment the second, not the fifth or the tenth, for a reason. They knew that you would lose your first if you don’t have the second. Only the government and criminals will always have the ability to have guns. The first thing every dictator did, whether it’s Hitler, Stalin or Mao, was take the guns from law abiding citizens. These rights make us stronger as individuals to protect ourselves and make us free and less dependent on the government.

As a life member of the NRA and a state senator, I have a proven record defending these rights and I always will!"

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    She appears to say the right things. Eastern Europeans can be some of the most fervent haters of communism, so that could be a plus.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'm torn between Abernathy and Spartz.

I liked Abernathy's discussion with Mr Relford, and his background. I am hoping Mrs Spartz will be on Mr Relford's show as well.

I was a little surprised Me Abernathy did not have an NRA grade.

May be a tough choice.

Edit:. I have read that Mr. Relford interviewed Mrs Spartz March 7. What I cannot find is a link to the audio. Does anyone know a valid link where that discussion can be heard?

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Spartz got the NRA endorsement. That usually means something in a huge field.

The one time I was at the Statehouse last session, testifying against the cronie-capitalism bill concerning teachers carrying firearms. I go out to the hall and Jim Lucas is out there with two NRA-ILA lawyers. One of them is now the Deputy Director of NRA-ILA, both were very positive on Victoria Spartz.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    The one time I was at the Statehouse last session, testifying against the cronie-capitalism bill concerning teachers carrying firearms. I go out to the hall and Jim Lucas is out there with two NRA-ILA lawyers. One of them is now the Deputy Director of NRA-ILA, both were very positive on Victoria Spartz.

Her lack of fundraising is odd to me. She took out a 3/4 million dollar loan and has raised virtually nothing. I like what I’ve seen of her. Kelly Mitchell was the other one I was contemplating.

Top Bottom