• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Today is the big day. I've been prepping for this for the better part of a year. I've been a regional campaign organizer for Ron Paul, got myself and some other activists elected as a State Delegates, and then became delegate coordinator for my district. Its been a fun and busy journey. I'm excited and I have a big load on my shoulders today.

In 2008, the party passed a rule (illegitimately, but I digress) that prevents elected delegates from having the ability to participate in the nomination process for National Delegates. They simply will present us with a slate, and allow only a yes or no vote. Their slate is "unamendable and undebatable" per party rules.

Anyone with a conscience will support a motion to remove that rule and allow for an open convention with fair nominations. But the Establishment has fought us and resisted fair nominations tooth and nail. But more on all this later.

If you want to see how truly filthy and corrupt the GOP oligarchy really is, get in there and try to do something besides rubber-stamping the will of the elites.

Wish us luck.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Today is the big day. I've been prepping for this for the better part of a year. I've been a regional campaign organizer for Ron Paul, got myself and some other activists elected as a State Delegates, and then became delegate coordinator for my district. Its been a fun and busy journey. I'm excited and I have a big load on my shoulders today.

In 2008, the party passed a rule (illegitimately, but I digress) that prevents elected delegates from having the ability to participate in the nomination process for National Delegates. They simply will present us with a slate, and allow only a yes or no vote. Their slate is "unamendable and undebatable" per party rules.

Anyone with a conscience will support a motion to remove that rule and allow for an open convention with fair nominations. But the Establishment has fought us and resisted fair nominations tooth and nail. But more on all this later.

If you want to see how truly filthy and corrupt the GOP oligarchy really is, get in there and try to do something besides rubber-stamping the will of the elites.

Wish us luck.

What do you mean elected state delegates don't get to participate in nominating national delegates? I was told that all they have to do to participate is be Congressional District Chairman (or higher ranked in the party). Our CD Chair said that it's not our county's turn to have anyone appointed to nationals. I think we have to wait until 2018 - and that's a lousy midterm...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    What do you mean elected state delegates don't get to participate in nominating national delegates? I was told that all they have to do to participate is be Congressional District Chairman (or higher ranked in the party). Our CD Chair said that it's not our county's turn to have anyone appointed to nationals. I think we have to wait until 2018 - and that's a lousy midterm...

What rambone means is that Indiana delegates do NOT even know until the meeting starts WHO the nominees are for national delegate. Nobody can check out or get information about the candidates or where they stand on ANY issues in advance.

The delegates have NO input. Can't object or ask questions OR say a word. The Republican County Chairmen select the delegates and announce at the meeting WHO the candidates will be and the elected delegates are expected to rubber stamp their choices.

Really, as things are, there is NO reason to have elected district delegates because they are not allowed to have ANY input.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    I am a member of the teaparty and an elected delegate. Just got home from the Indiana Convention. I can vouch for Rambone. He is not exaggerating. Everything he says is fact. I watched it happen and was shocked.

I wish the members of the teaparty group I belong to had gotten the information about the "secret ballot" nomination procedure sooner so we could have helped more. As it was, nobody OTHER THAN the most RINO (and I mean ULTRA RINO) Republicans who recited their "prepared scripts" were allowed to say a word. I stood up and tried to ask a question and the District Chairmen said that Requests (or points) of Information were NOT allowed and to shut up and sit down.

It was very disappointing to be elected to be a delegate, to spend all that money on a hotel room, the trip down there and my delegate fee and not to be allowed to have a real vote or even to ask a question.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    How did rambone open a shill account? :dunno:

He didn't. I'm a lady. I don't have a clue who rambone is. There were 1800 delegates at the convention.

Today when I got home from the convention, I googled the Indiana Open Conventions to see if ANY of the media or anyone on the web was covering the "secret ballot" versus "open convention" issue. Rambone's post on this forum was on the first page that google pulled up.

As a member of the teaparty and a liberty lover who owns guns, I thought this forum would be a good place to meet like-minded people. And I wanted to let everyone know that rambone is telling the truth as well as to update people about what happened at the convention.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yes, we must work within the 2 party system. Just think of all that pull that Paul will have at the convention.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He didn't. I'm a lady. I don't have a clue who rambone is. There were 1800 delegates at the convention.

Today when I got home from the convention, I googled the Indiana Open Conventions to see if ANY of the media or anyone on the web was covering the "secret ballot" versus "open convention" issue. Rambone's post on this forum was on the first page that google pulled up.

As a member of the teaparty and a liberty lover who owns guns, I thought this forum would be a good place to meet like-minded people. And I wanted to let everyone know that rambone is telling the truth as well as to update people about what happened at the convention.

Welcome to INGO. Glad you found us. :ingo:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

No need for an explanation. It was a joke. :welcome: to :ingo:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Welcome to INGO from Mitchell and thanks for the update.

Top Bottom