• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll scan the actual letter he's referring to tomorrow & post it in this thread. It was sent out by the Ron Paul supporters.

Here's the actual letter that Holcomb is referring to.

JaLrk.png

The scanner washed it out, but there's a faint blue Indiana silhouette on the paper.

Holcomb's claim that it looks like an official communication from the State Party is ridiculous. The letter is even addressed to "Fellow Indiana State Republican Delegate". It's addressed from "Indiana Delegates for an Open Convention". If that looks like official State Party correspondence to someone, well... :n00b:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The moderates tend to shift parties as they are totally focused on power. In some counties if the republicans are dominate then you have RINOs. But in dem controlled counties, the GOP is lead by conservatives as the moderates are DINOs.

The last thing that the moderates want is someone who believes in anything. It scares them to death. They hate strong belief, religious or political.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The convention was a sham. The rules are so incredibly rigged, and the players so corrupt, that there was literally nothing we could do.

Prior to the convention, I and the other “Delegates for an Open Convention” ran a letter campaign advocating the idea of an Open Convention and sent out stickers to promote the cause at the convention. Several hundred delegates got our letters. It got a lot of traction and we saw plenty of our stickers walking around.

The plan to have an Open Convention was contingent upon introducing a motion that would suspend the party’s “unamendable and undebatable” slate rule, prior to them introducing the slate. Once the slate is introduced, it is necessary to defeat the slate with a majority before any other nominations can be entertained. What a joke.

The motion to suspend the party’s closed convention rule was instantly ruled out of order by the chairman, and he immediately introduced the hand-picked slate of establishment hacks. Game over. The only meaningful battle was over in the first 5 minutes of the Friday night District caucuses.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The oligarchs even held an emergency meeting to figure out how to counter our attempts at allowing fair nominations from the floor. That's where that counter-letter was devised and their lies strategically planned out.

Grand Old Oligarchy

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The oligarchs even held an emergency meeting to figure out how to counter our attempts at allowing fair nominations from the floor. That's where that counter-letter was devised and their lies strategically planned out.

Grand Old Oligarchy

Rambone - I want to thank you for taking such an active role in the liberty movement. You catch a lot of flack here but I certainly appreciate your passion. I'm glad you're playing on our team!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone - I want to thank you for taking such an active role in the liberty movement. You catch a lot of flack here but I certainly appreciate your passion. I'm glad you're playing on our team!

Its the least I can do from the comfort of my mother's basement. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    They were brazen enough to directly tell you to skip diligence with your purpose in being there because, after all, there are parties to visit and presumably booze to drink? They are even lower than I thought.

I know. In addition to the letter posted here from Holcomb, my county chairman sent out an e-mail saying that while "in theory" having open elections instead of the "secret ballots" sounded good, in reality having to VOTE on everybody would be a "nightmare" because all the time and work involved would interfere with the partying. There were a WHOLE 175 delegates in my district. ALL THAT COUNTING...MASSIVE LABOR.

But, the bad thing for them IS, they put all of it IN WRITING (a really, really STUPID thing to do). If THAT comes out, and I am thinking about buying ads in our county newspapers to inform the public, they are going to not only look crooked ("secret ballots" are kind of fascist and a total mockery of the transparency that was added to the GOP Indiana forum at the convention), they also come across as as much of tax-dollar wasting, hard partying slackers as the GSA did at their Vegas meeting.

I was SO proud to have been elected to be a delegate...I can't tell you how disillusioned I was to find out what really goes on.

THANKS to rambone and all of the others responsible for getting the letters into delegate hands. I just wish you had gotten them to us sooner so we could have had time to research what was going on. There were a few at first in my crowd that were skeptical. But, the response from the GOP in charge came across so swarmy that it was obvious WHO was on the up and up and who wasn't.

As for replacing the Lugar crowd...most of those in my district are in Lugar's age group. Seems to me the GOP will be there for the taking for those willing to wait.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Love him or hate him, rambone deserves recognition for actually getting out and fighting the fight. First thing you have to do is show up and you showed up. Good man.

Look I have been a delegate over 15 times. Just did not get elected this year. My county, being heavily republican, has too many people running for delegate.

Plus I have been an elected precinct people for over a decade. And been elected to public office.

The problem is that some Ron Paul types, especially those who are off the deep end (radical individualism, extreme libertarianism) think that I am sold out. That working within the system is evil.

That said I love it when people get involved in the process. It is often confusing. But please stick with it. Us old timers are there to help.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look I have been a delegate over 15 times. Just did not get elected this year. My county, being heavily republican, has too many people running for delegate.

Plus I have been an elected precinct people for over a decade. And been elected to public office.

The problem is that some Ron Paul types, especially those who are off the deep end (radical individualism, extreme libertarianism) think that I am sold out. That working within the system is evil.

That said I love it when people get involved in the process. It is often confusing. But please stick with it. Us old timers are there to help.

I would feel the need to qualify that statement. There are plenty of older folks who remember how things should be and will gladly help restore them, and they all have my appreciation. Unfortunately, there are also the Lugars of the world who have sold their souls and will never rest until the damage is done.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would feel the need to qualify that statement. There are plenty of older folks who remember how things should be and will gladly help restore them, and they all have my appreciation. Unfortunately, there are also the Lugars of the world who have sold their souls and will never rest until the damage is done.

True. But just remember that there are also those of us who have been fighting this situation for decades. Ron Paul, the Tea Party and such are just the newest guys out there. Do not write all of us off just because we are already in the system.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    True. But just remember that there are also those of us who have been fighting this situation for decades. Ron Paul, the Tea Party and such are just the newest guys out there. Do not write all of us off just because we are already in the system.

Ron Paul - the newest guy out there. ;)

Don't write him off just because he was already in the system. :D

I'm kidding, thanks for your efforts and participation through the years.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Sorry for being less than clear. I had no intention to write off the long and diligent efforts of people like you!

Top Bottom