• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would have been upset if we hadn't just had the thread on this subject here on INGO. Apparently most citizens in the State now hate private property rights (I am sure just other people's not their own).

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Illustrating yet again that while statist pigs are prolific among democrats, democrats are far from having a monopoly on statist pigs.

May the statist pigs burn in Hell, regardless of what name they like to pin on their snout.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Pigs are good for tasty meat and leather products... beyond that, they are worth little to nothing.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I would have been upset if we hadn't just had the thread on this subject here on INGO. Apparently most citizens in the State now hate private property rights (I am sure just other people's not their own).
    Actually, we haven't heard from the citizenry. Just from their conservative "representatives". My guess is that they'll push something through and ram it down the throats of the people of Indiana, wanted or not. Further proof that there's not a dimes worth of difference between either wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I am a conservative but this just goes too far. I am tired of anyone telling businesses and people what they can do and who their customer base must be. Statist pigs is right! If you don't like a place where smoking is allowed then don't go there! Pure and simple.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually, we haven't heard from the citizenry. Just from their conservative "representatives". My guess is that they'll push something through and ram it down the throats of the people of Indiana, wanted or not. Further proof that there's not a dimes worth of difference between either wing of the Boot On Your Neck Party.

I think Expat was referring to the number of anti-property-rights folks posting in INGO's previous thread on this topic. I, too, was surprised by the number of folks willing to set aside someone else's rights for their own benefit. Certainly explains why both political parties get away with this. They have plenty of voter support.

What's funny (well, not really), is that the Dems in the State House have their own ban in the works. One way or another, we will get stripped on the choice.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I really don't care if someone wants to smoke. I don't care if someone wants to allow smoking on their property. I can choose to not be around that person or frequent the property. No one is forcing people to go to places where smoking is allowed. Come talk to me when that starts to happen.

Overall people need to worry about themselves and leave everyone else alone. I am so tired of people trying to tell me what I can and can't do. Last time I checked I was more capable of determining what was best for me and my family then 100 % of the rest of the population.

Does anyone have a bill number? I have a few things I need to say to people who are supposed to be representing me.

PS. I don't smoke.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think Expat was referring to the number of anti-property-rights folks posting in INGO's previous thread on this topic. I, too, was surprised by the number of folks willing to set aside someone else's rights for their own benefit. Certainly explains why both political parties get away with this. They have plenty of voter support.

What's funny (well, not really), is that the Dems in the State House have their own ban in the works. One way or another, we will get stripped on the choice.

+1

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Republicans love to tell people what to do just as much as democrats do.

I would say that the VAST majority of Americans are Nationalists. The majority of them are Statists. Then a very small minority of Americans are Patriots.

Pretty much everyone wants to tell someone else how they should be living.

You know, there outta be a law...

Brought to you buy your local government indoctrination centers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009

I do not know if they will just push something through. If they are smart, our representatives will consider the fact that Indiana tobacco prices are so low in comparison to Illinois' that IL has signs declaring the illegality of bootlegging cigarettes into IL from IN. This means greater tax revenue going to Indianapolis from the increased tobacco sales in IN. Nevertheless, I would like to know why we have "conservatives" pushing a smoking ban on IN (something I do not support) which would consume public funds that could be better used in enforcing the laws against ILLEGAL drugs.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I do not know if they will just push something through. If they are smart, our representatives will consider the fact that Indiana tobacco prices are so low in comparison to Illinois' that IL has signs declaring the illegality of bootlegging cigarettes into IL from IN. This means greater tax revenue going to Indianapolis from the increased tobacco sales in IN. Nevertheless, I would like to know why we have "conservatives" pushing a smoking ban on IN (something I do not support) which would consume public funds that could be better used in enforcing the laws against ILLEGAL drugs.

:laugh: :rolleyes: :n00b:

I hope one day you see the irony.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Yes we have. It's called an election. It is when citizens chose a representative who will speak for them at the statehouse. This bill has lots of bipartisan support from the people.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is a democrat sponsored bill and the repubs loaded it up with exemptions.

If they were serious, they would ban cigarettes.

Top Bottom