• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The haunted library in the south of the state and the old haunted insane asylum in Indy. Screaming bridge. Come to mind post oct 31.

Flat land and here in Indiana don’t know of a lot of secret places. Indiana does have lots of wal marts. Those seem to be today’s beech groove rail yards.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There is a sweet old underground deal near Fairbanks I think. If I'm not mistaken some guy sold spots to a doomsday bunker for it, took everyone's money and then sold it to AT&T and they keep a whole bunch of their equipment down there. I didn't know it was a think until recently honestly. I like this kind of stuff though, I'm subbed in! "Secret" will be a relative term but just "stories" are kind of silly but stuff that's really there and maybe old use etc. I like hearing about it.

I've never heard the Crane rumor, but I've vaguely heard of the Beech Grove deal.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Neat place to visit is under monument circle. I wonder if they still let you go up inside it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Someone mentioned the catacombs in the dupe version of this thread that has since been closed.

I did this "tour" with my wife a few weeks ago and it was unbelievably lame. The catacombs are really just the basement of old Tomlinson Hall. They don't actually go anywhere.

The entire tour was us walking around a basement for 30 minutes while a "ghost hunter" talked about the supposed paranormal activity he's found there.

He played some audio of what he claimed was the voice of a ghost, but anyone with a smart phone could have recorded it. I was not impressed by any of it.

A total waste of $9 and my time.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I remember Stan!

Got to know him pretty well working the couple capital cases from down there. For some reason, I think I even did a road trip with him to the northern district for an oral argument in front of Judge Sharp. (Boyo boy, was that guy a trip.)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We took a tour of the Baden Springs resort while it was being remodeled. Pretty cool to see its "spooky" form, and then visit it today.

We also stayed at the French Lick resort WELL before it was remodeled. You could have filmed The Shining there.

The observatory south of Mooresville is pretty neat, especially when the tulip gardens are in bloom.

Indiana's Stonehenge is a nice little hike, pretty scenery, but not exactly a "monument".

Lots of stuff here:
    https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/indiana/places

My wife has the phone app version of this, and we have tracked down a ton of oddball things.

Top Bottom