Indiana senate passes revised school parking lot gun bill!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Pretty awesome this passed. Stupid idiots like that Superintendent Kaiser and other opponents are so ignorant. The knowledge that people will now "legally," be locking their firearms in their vehicles when dropping off their kids at school, rattles their cages and shocks their world view.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Has Gov. Pence weighed in on whether or not he will sign it ? I think he was on Garrison the other day, but I missed it.

I believe he will sign it for two reasons:

1. He has always demonstrated that he follows his personal convictions, which are in line with this bill

2. This bill passed with >75% approval in both houses. So there are more than enough votes to override a veto anyway.

"The bill passed the Senate 38-10 and the House 75-24 Thursday night. The measure now goes to Gov. Mike Pence for consideration."

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Parents, if your kids are breaking into cars that don't belong to them, then you already have a problem. If your kid would take a gun and shoot (out of rage) or even intimidate another human then you already have a problem.
    If a insane or criminal person wants to do our children harm with a gun, they already do not care if the law permits them to keep a gun LOCKED in their car out of sight or not, or allows them to just walk into a school with a gun with intent to harm. These criminals do not obey the law regardless.
    please start using common sense and reason! It pains me to know that people with this extreme lack of common sense and reason are even raising children. Maybe we need a law banning you from entering the school and rubbing your stupid off on my children.

(the above is directed at any of the bleeding hearts who use emotion rather than facts, reason, common sense, and and a understanding of what a natural right is, who may read it)

THIS DAD SUPPORTS THE CONSTITUTION WHICH ALLOWS GUNS EVERYWHERE! And one day I am confident that I will legally be allowed to carry a gun inside of my child's school in order to protect mine and my child's life if the need arises because a CRIMINAL decides to break many other laws and do us harm.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Here's a perfect example of a media outlet completely ignoring a clear mandate of the people, ignoring their obligation to simply report the news, and going on a mission to find someone - anyone - who is in opposition just to try to stir their own agenda. The fault here is clearly in the hands of the media - they refuse to report the news. I'm fine with teens having an opinion that clearly doesn't reflect common sense. They're teens. I'm fine with any other citizen or official that disagrees - that is their right. What angers me is a news outlet that won't report the news without coloring it. They could have easily just reported the facts. Is that too much to ask?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, we're taking advice from high school students about the civil liberties of average Hoosiers?

Are "what ifs" really sufficient grounds upon which to exercise prior restraint on people exercising their Constitutional rights, especially when they are already holders of government licenses to exercise those Constitutional rights? I mean, how many layers of prior restraint are required before the stench of it gets overwhelming?

They will drop to whatever maturity level necessary to find support for their position.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Does this still take away the roaming school zone that was to go back into effect?

The guns allowed in car on school property is great, but the roaming school zone was my bigger concern.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Does this still take away the roaming school zone that was to go back into effect?

The guns allowed in car on school property is great, but the roaming school zone was my bigger concern.

Yes. If signed, the "roaming school zone" set to be reinstated on July 1st is blocked from reinstatement.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Wait, the media report the facts??? JeremiahJohnson gets the novel concept of the day award! :laugh:

Based on Governor Pence's record to date, I am hopeful he will sign this bill.

Anyone else old enough to remember the evening news with Walter Cronkite? It wasn't perfect but it makes today's news look like a comic book.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Anyone else old enough to remember the evening news with Walter Cronkite? It wasn't perfect but it makes today's news look like a comic book.

I used to watch Walter Cronkite. Although I was much younger and carefree in those days, I remember him as a man dedicated to true, objective journalism. These days, it seems like the main priority of the news anchors is looking like a movie star. Anything remotely associated with objective journalism? Forget it. Nothing but a bunch of Prima Donnas.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Parents, if your kids are breaking into cars that don't belong to them, then you already have a problem. If your kid would take a gun and shoot (out of rage) or even intimidate another human then you already have a problem.
    If a insane or criminal person wants to do our children harm with a gun, they already do not care if the law permits them to keep a gun LOCKED in their car out of sight or not, or allows them to just walk into a school with a gun with intent to harm. These criminals do not obey the law regardless.
    please start using common sense and reason! It pains me to know that people with this extreme lack of common sense and reason are even raising children. Maybe we need a law banning you from entering the school and rubbing your stupid off on my children.

(the above is directed at any of the bleeding hearts who use emotion rather than facts, reason, common sense, and and a understanding of what a natural right is, who may read it)

THIS DAD SUPPORTS THE CONSTITUTION WHICH ALLOWS GUNS EVERYWHERE! And one day I am confident that I will legally be allowed to carry a gun inside of my child's school in order to protect mine and my child's life if the need arises because a CRIMINAL decides to break many other laws and do us harm.
    May I use this?

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone know where I can find a voting record for the indiana house and senate? I can't find it on the IGA website and I want to know which jackwagons voted against this bill.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Anyone know where I can find a voting record for the indiana house and senate? I can't find it on the IGA website and I want to know which jackwagons voted against this bill.

I am waiting for Senate Vote PDF to be posted; and it will be in the 2014 legislateive session thread sticky when I do it. unless someone beats me to it. (and on IMAGC on FBookbutt)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

House: Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

Senate: Indiana General Assembly - 2014 Session

Senators against: Breaux, Broden, Lanane, Randolph (one of the co-authors!), Rogers, Skinner, Stoops, Tallian, Taylor, Wyss

Reps against: Austin, Bartlett, Battles, Bauer, Brown (C), Candelaria Reardon, Delaney, Errington, Forestal, GiaQuinta, Hale, Harris, Kersey, Lawson, Moseley, Pierce, Porter, Pryor, Riecken, Shackelford, Smith(V), Summers, Vanderbaugh, Ziemke

Someone else can fetch their emails!

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Who/where/how should I write the Governor? Is there a good address I should send it to? An online form?

It's absolutely ridiculous that I can drop off/pick up a child while armed but if I have to get out for any reason I cannot leave the firearm locked securely in the car - I essentially have to drive off-property, secure the firearm, and then walk back on-property to be able to go into the school - a bit absurd.

But still better than what we had before.

Here is the place to send him an email. Mine is already in.
    Governor Pence: Ask Mike

Has Gov. Pence weighed in on whether or not he will sign it ? I think he was on Garrison the other day, but I missed it.

I listened to the whole thing. It was all common core and other stuff.

I just ran across this while looking up the bill#. Poor Ms Watts didnt appreciate being challenged:
    Indiana Moms Demand Action Chapter Responds to Committee Changes to SB 229, Continues to Oppose NRA-supported Bill to Weaken Gun Laws - Press Release - Digital Journal
    Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, testified this week in opposition to SB 229 where she was subjected to a lengthy stream of insulting, and often irrelevant, questions and comments. A gun lobbyist – the only person to testify in favor of the bill – was treated respectfully and not questioned.

I heard those "irrelevant" questions. She was questioned on her use of multiple names depending on what she was doing, as well as her specious claims of safety.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just ran across this while looking up the bill#. Poor Ms Watts didnt appreciate being challenged:
    Indiana Moms Demand Action Chapter Responds to Committee Changes to SB 229, Continues to Oppose NRA-supported Bill to Weaken Gun Laws - Press Release - Digital Journal

I heard those "irrelevant" questions. She was questioned on her use of multiple names depending on what she was doing, as well as her specious claims of safety.

I don't know why, but few things bug me more than those who play the "mother" card. "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers", "Moms Demand Action", "Million Mom March", "As a mother, I think..."

Being a parent does not give you any special insight into social problems. Most of us are parents and are, frankly, effing idiots. Being a mom doesn't make you special and when you attempt to gain political points with me by offering it up as a credential, I automatically write you off as someone who will not argue your case with facts but will just use emotional pleas. In other words, when you say "As a (insert credential), I think..." then your opinion is not worth my consideration.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I don't know why, but few things bug me more than those who play the "mother" card. "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers", "Moms Demand Action", "Million Mom March", "As a mother, I think..."

Being a parent does not give you any special insight into social problems. Most of us are parents and are, frankly, effing idiots. Being a mom doesn't make you special and when you attempt to gain political points with me by offering it up as a credential, I automatically write you off as someone who will not argue your case with facts but will just use emotional pleas. In other words, when you say "As a (insert credential), I think..." then your opinion is not worth my consideration.

:cowbell:YES!

Top Bottom