• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was born during the Blizzard of '78. 40 yrs ago this month. It started similar to how this storm will start... warm weather in the 50s preceded the storm, lots of moisture in the air (though that involved some tropical gulf storm or something), temps dropping near 0 in just a couple hrs. I've heard only one forecaster got it right back then. Certainly we could get nothing from this, but it could have potential, too.

-rvb

Sheesh! My socks are older than you!

It got pretty cold that week too, especially with the windchill. We were out of school for a week straight for good reason.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sheesh! My socks are older than you!

It got pretty cold that week too, especially with the windchill. We were out of school for a week straight for good reason.

sheesh! maybe you should wash those socks!

yea, Dad was trapped at the hospital. Mom regained consciousness a couple days later (there were complications, fortunately they got to the hospital early in the storm) and wondered why he looked like hell... hadn't gone home to shave, etc....

thankfully global warming has spared us from such calamity.

-rvb

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Snowstorm? Don't you mean . . . Reloading Season!

Water, ginger ale. Check, check.

Independent heat and power. Check, check.

az0B9Ex.gif

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Lolzville. It will never happen. We use the 1/2 minus 1/2 rule: take the lowest forecast and divide by 1/2, then subtract another 1/2". You MIGHT get that much.

It is like a race for all the Fort Wayne channels to see who can go into Weather Alert mode first and interrupt my local programming to tell me it is winter. Your formula is spot on with regards to their predictions, think how disappointed their wives must be.

The aforementioned traffic reporter on Fox 32 Chicago....and she hardly ever has anything useful to say about where I drive....which I don't care about.

https://www.jennymilkowski.com/

I don't need bread and eggs, just give me some Jenny Milk to cuddle up with on a cold, snowy morning.

I, for one, am looking forward to a great deal of snow.

I just put new tires on my car and I LOVE to drive in the white-stuff, baby!

New snow tires on a new 4WD just waiting to be played with in the snow.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    hell I'm an estimator in my job (printing) and I wish I could mess up as bad as they do! last nite it was 8-10 inches (here in eville) and now its 1-3

I can see it now, yes sir that 4 color brochure you want is 250.00.....no wait...its 5000.00....on third thought its 2750.00......and when he picks it up I charge him 10 thousand plus tax!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I, for one, am looking forward to a great deal of snow.

I just put new tires on my car and I LOVE to drive in the white-stuff, baby!
    Easy now... I'll be trapped... trace amounts of ice on the road and the county plow driver has to walk the mile down-hill toward our house just to make sure it's safe to take his truck down before he salts/sands. A foot of snow? We would be on lock-down.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you mean nothing related to the accuracy of the weather forecast, I'm on board.

I'm a dude, thus a pig, so I choose my news station based on my perception of the attractiveness of the woman doing the weather, traffic, or anchor, or all three.

Currently the Channel 8 morning news with the delightful Stephanie Mead has my loyalty.

An important factor for me as well, I sometimes try to decide who has better curves, Beth Vaughn or Aishah Hasnie.

Top Bottom