• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    ... Currently I am the 72nd BN Commander for the counties of Clark and Scott (Which just means that I am the guy that does all of the work to make stuff happen as we do not consider our rank structure to be formal until such time that it becomes necessary) ...

If I understand the above statement correctly, so when a crisis hits is when you'll recognize the rank structure? All of sudden Jim and Billy become the Battalion Cmdr and Company Cmdr?

72nd Bn covers two counties and if this structure holds for the rest of Indiana you have 46 battalions? Wow that is a lot of slots to fill. Good luck finding people willing to be privates and sergeants (for former service members nothing wrong with these ranks).

During said crisis would your "organization" place itself under the command of the Governor of Indiana?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    40 guys is a battalion?

I think you'll find a lot of folks range from skeptical to outright cynical about anyone claiming military ranks in any private organization, militia or mall guard. Mutual support groups seem to get a warmer reception. With 40 people, how much logistical support is needed? A group of equals, a steering committee type organization, and none of the militia stereotypes. It also avoids the Walter Mitty aspect, folks who want to join to play pretend. You said you've got 15 out of 40 who are active. Are the rest just guys who want to be able to say "I'm a major" but couldn't hack it as a PFC in the military?

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Gentlemen I have alot of questions to answer so please give me a sec,

SCUTTER01- I don’t blame you at all, I was also skeptical at first especially after 8 years of Army service. I am one of two Officers, five NCO’s, and 33 privates in my BN. The reason why Clark county falls under me is because they do not have the amount of personnel or qualified leadership leadership to function on there own.
    Once more people are active in it then there will companies added to the MTOE. Believe me when I say that the rank structure in this organization is as practical as it can be or I would not be apart of it. I hope that this answers your question a little better.

KELLYINAVON- NO that defenatly was not us on the discovery channel or I would tell all of these guys they are all idiots and just prep on my own! I agree with your comment on Austin!

EXODUS- Please read the two quotations carefully they explain themselves, yes we prepare for armed conflict but we would never harm or steal from Indiana Citizens or use there property without their permission.

EXPART- WE WOULD NEVER DO THAT!

INDYGUNWORKS- To emphasize the importance of what the Indiana community would want, sorry I did not put it in better context.

SINGLESIX- The state Leadership has broken it down into 13 Brigades and each county is a Battalion. I do not agree with this structure because we do not have the personnel but it is not my call perhaps one day we will. I am one of two Officers, five NCO’s, and 33 privates in my BN. The reason why Clark county falls under me is because they do not have the amount of personnel or qualified leadership leadership to function on there own.
    Once more people are active in it then there will companies added to the MTOE. Believe me when I say that the rank structure in this organization is as practical as it can be or I would not be apart of it. I hope that this answers your question a little better. Yes if the governor asked we would and if my Brigade or state didn’t and I didn’t agree with it I would leave the group!

BEHINDBLUES- As we are a completely volunteer organization and not professional soldiers our time is consumed by our jobs and families so it is difficult to find people that can donate a lot of their time to the group that is why I said that fifteen are “Really Active” and everyone else comes sporadically. You are right though I have identified several of those individuals that couldn’t hack it in the military!

KIDDCHAOS- Yes it is The Indiana Sons of Liberty

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    He seems to be an improvement from the one guy that said their militia would start pillaging their neighbors for whatever they needed when the SHTF...

This is one of many reasons to stay away from being involved with a group of people you don't really know. They don't need to know what I have or have not stock piled.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Honestly, I think it's good that Aaron is taking a few minutes to answer some questions. It shows that he believes in his cause, and being as that I don't know any militia members, his articulate wording and volunteering time to answer each question independently impresses me.

And to be honest, good spelling and proper punctuation go a long way in my world, not to mention on this forum.

I don't know about skeptical militia people, but if approached by a member of any other non-targeted organization in this articulate and well balanced (albeit a bit sales-pitchy) approach, if this was my first interaction, I would want to know more.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    aaronhall84;

I don't agree with the concept of a Militia outside of what is in the State Constitution. Regardless of my personal views, you sound sincere and I wish you the best.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The Indiana Sons of Liberty

Does ISL not welcome Muslims? This seems to indicate that one of the core beliefs is Muslims are commanded to kill infidels to go to heaven, as its on your web site and is the sole entry under "religion".

Have you done any research into the veracity of that statement before posting it on your website?

The Indiana Sons of Liberty

What's that in reference to?

we do not consider our rank structure to be formal until such time that it becomes necessary)

So what happens when it becomes necessary? What happens to those who leave or don't want to obey orders? What happens to those who are called upon by their day jobs, say called back from IRR or working 24/7 as a first repsonder, and can't fulfill their duties when the need is greatest?

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Hey guys its nice to see everyone is taking a practical approach to my thread, Thank you guys and I hope I can clarify some thing about the ISL.

223GUNNER- I agree with you 100%, no one in my group know exactly what I have except for a few because I have not been in long enough to develop a lot of friendships, no one in the group would ask for it an individual has either. What we do is bring boxes to each event for donations for the group and our community to use in the event of an emergency and it is inventoried each month by a different Officer or NCO each month to ensure that it is all accounted for. GOOD POINT!

ASZERIGAN- Thank you for your complements, I was a Platoon Sergeant in the Infantry so I can use spell check very well. It looks like we are both a bit sales pitchy ”We pay CASH for used reloading equipment, brass, and components. We also buy factory ammo, full and partial boxes.” LOL! But I don’t understand what you mean by a targeted organization? Could you please explain it to me? Forgive my ignorance! The company that I work for is headquartered in Avon so the next time I am up there I will try to swing by your shop!

SINGLESIX- I appreciate your honesty and wish you good tidings as well! We just interpret the State constitution differently that’s all.

BEHINDBLUEI’S- NO not at all we accept all members regardless of race, religion, or creed and if I ever found out otherwise I would leave the group. What you read was not the official stance of the organization it was a story of what happened to one individual who is not a member when they encountered a radical Muslim that’s all, there was nothing at all in that quote about him or anyone in our group hating or discriminating anyone! As far as what would happen if members had to leave? Then they would leave! We are a completely volunteer organization, you come and go as you please, even if we were in a combat situation there is no oath or contract that you sign and we respect your rights as an individual! A lot of our member are EMT’s, Volunteer firefighter’s, Reserve Police officers, and National Guard members, we would just do what we could with what we had! Oh and as far as I know it was just the name that got selected. I have not read anything to suggest a reference.

ZombiePanda

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ZombiePanda thanks for taking the time to read my post I hope these answers help!

1.Because we are in fact a "militia". We prepare for disaster response/preparedness but we also prepare for open conflict with a armed hostile force.

2.We have military ranks because we are a paramilitary organization and believe in the structure of the military rank system. The ISL does not give out ranks it promotes individuals based of applicable experience, age, and training. This is not my organization it is a state wide one and I accepted the offer for my BN when the last guy could not do the work for personal reasons.

3. Stockpiled Resources, Adopt a highway program, free training to the public, we put a team on alert anytime there is inclement weather.

4.Forign invasion, civil war, looters, we will protect the community from whatever the people ask us to. Will not take it upon ourselves to designate any enemies or threats.

5. First aid, Land navigation/Map reading, Survival i.e...(tracking, water purification, tool making), tactical communication, advanced marksmanship, Whatever the people in our unit ask to be trained on.

6.I do not really know how many members there are it is state wide. If I had to guess I would say between 250-500. I know its on our website somewhere but I have never looked. In my BN which is Clark & Scott county there is 40 members only about 15 are really active in it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Aaron. Very cool. I'm not into the militia thing but best of luck to you and the ISL.

I don't agree with the concept of a Militia outside of what is in the State Constitution. Regardless of my personal views, you sound sincere and I wish you the best.

+1

This is my stance on militias as well. I don't see the value or attraction of labeling a group "militia" or using military ranks in a civilian organization. Seems kind of grandstandy to me (is grandstandy even a word?!).

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    ZOMBIEPANDA- It is because of the structure and discipline of a military unit, I am very comfortable with it because I spent along time in the military as did a lot of our members. We do not balloon ourselves up into anything that we are not, we address each other by our first names. We have the military structure and train in it so that if something happens our members are use to seeing it and interacting in that fashion and we just interpret the State constitution differently brother that’s all.

aaronhall84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The SPLC's list includes almost 95% of "Patriot" groups and put an asterisk by the names of those that train with weapons. They do not care to look into the groups they just label them as they please. I have never in my life been a racist, religious extremist, conspiracy theorist, or wanted to over throw the government. Neither has any of our members as far as I know and if I found out otherwise I would politely ask them to leave (as it is our policy to do so) and if it became ISL policy to work against the government or any race, religion, or creed then I would leave indefinitely and turn over any information I had to local law enforcement. We are very PRO government especially local in our policies, some of our members might not like the Federal government but that is their right to believe what they want. You will not hear any of us ranting on about taking over the Government.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    SPLC? Even the American Family Association made their list and the most militant thing they do is use forks and knives at dinner.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    Meh, I think the SPLC is more of a nuisance than anything, and tends to lead people low in information towards the wrong conclusions about many things...

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I agree with you 100%, no one in my group know exactly what I have except for a few because I have not been in long enough to develop a lot of friendships

How are you vetting people then? How do you know that, KKK member, Pedo, or rapist is not among you?

This is totally backwards IMO. First step, do I trust you to go pick up my kids and keep them safe for as long as it takes. If the answer is yes, then we can talk about step two. If you do not know someone this well do you really want to be fighting with them or relying on them?

Top Bottom