• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    The Indiana State Trappers Assoc., will be holding their annual state convention at the Tipton County Fair grounds Sept. 21 and 22
    This is a Friday and Saturday with the majority of the activities on Saturday.

If you are wanting to learn skills , purchase mechandise from venders or watch trapping demo's than this will be a good place to start.

This is a unoffical post as i'm just a member posting information for anyone wanting to know

Most of the times there is 3 or 4 venders set up selling items (traps , lure, equipment etc,)
    There is also a loaction for "tailagters" to set up and sale trapping, hunting and any other items related or unrelated to the outdoors.

There should be a food venders on site as well.

If you have any questions you can check the web site at www.indianatrappers.org

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I am going to try my hand at trapping this year. We have beaver, racoons and groundhogs on our property. My brother n law is supose to help with hands on knowledge to get started. Do you recommend one company over another to get your equipment from?

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I recommend a trappers education course put one by one of the state approve instructors.
    A great place to start will be this convention and the venders that will attend are all great to purchase from as they support the state assoc., but then again in the trapping community most all venders supports at least 1 trapping assoc. , state or national.

The DNR web site that list the huntiner ed classes should also list the trapper ed classes as well

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I don't mean to insinuate that you can't trap with out attending a trappers ed class but aanyone who attemps to set a trap and catch a animal has a direct reflection on me as well as all trappers in this state.
    Following the rules and regulations is a priority as well as other recomnidations.

Staking for the largest animal possible is 1 of the biggest errors new traappers will make and it can bring major negative attention from the none trapping and hunting public.

This is just advice and I hope you follow it and help keep us all trapping for many years to come.

Should you have anymore question or need advice feel free to ask on here or message me , whatever make you more comfortable

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Thanks for the info. Hoosier Trapper in Greenwood, In is supose to have an all day event September 29 as well. The guy I spoke with said they will have several seminars through out the day. I picked up a book from there Friday thats a beginners guide to trapping that I have been reading. I will have to cjeck into the DNR courses as well.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I don't mean to insinuate that you can't trap with out attending a trappers ed class but aanyone who attemps to set a trap and catch a animal has a direct reflection on me as well as all trappers in this state.
    Following the rules and regulations is a priority as well as other recomnidations.

Staking for the largest animal possible is 1 of the biggest errors new traappers will make and it can bring major negative attention from the none trapping and hunting public.

This is just advice and I hope you follow it and help keep us all trapping for many years to come.

Should you have anymore question or need advice feel free to ask on here or message me , whatever make you more comfortable

I completely understand where you are coming from. I am trying to learn as much as I can by reading books and the internet. Luckily for me my brother in law is an
    experienced trapper and I will pretty much be his apprentice this season.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I completely understand where you are coming from. I am trying to learn as much as I can by reading books and the internet. Luckily for me my brother in law is an
    experienced trapper and I will pretty much be his apprentice this season.

sounds great! good luck and have fun!!

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    This might not be the place to post it, but what the heck...
    Are there any trappers here on the forums looking for more trapping ground? I have family on the west side of kokomo that has a beaver and coon problem that needs fixed. Looking for someone trustworthy. If anyone is up for it, send me a PM.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    This might not be the place to post it, but what the heck...
    Are there any trappers here on the forums looking for more trapping ground? I have family on the west side of kokomo that has a beaver and coon problem that needs fixed. Looking for someone trustworthy. If anyone is up for it, send me a PM.

treeman , I will send you a PM on this

Top Bottom