• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi all - I did it... I clicked on a stupid click bait ad, and came across this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...n-america/ss-AAupMkb?ocid=spartanntp#image=32

So, it says that there was a raw total of 439 murders in IN in 2016 -- can this possibly be right?

A few slides later, it also says that the most dangerous part of IL is Rockford (assuming that would be the greater quad cities area). Could that be right too?

Rockford, my home town, and yes it can be true. Once the manufacturing capital for tool making for industry, it has fallen on hard times and often had the highest unemployment rate in the State.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Baltimore is about HALF the size of Indianapolis with a higher murder rate. Chicago is about 3 times larger than Indianapolis, but their murder rate is MORE than 3x that of Indianapolis. See?
    Actually it is Balt at about 620K and Indi at about 865K.

Funny though. Each list I look at of top Murders per Capita has Baltimore on it.

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    That's what makes Indy so hard to calculate. Years ago Indianapolis decided it was the whole county, then had laws adjusted to finalize it.

Most "stats" don't isolate to inside 465, so when you per capita to county borders it looks lower.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I just moved back to Indy from Rockford. Pathetic place, Rockford. There are a couple of good people there and a lot of not so. I carried an AR in the front seat. My neighborhood had a home invasion across the street from me. Two drive-bys within a block of me. Tons of busy bodies without jobs. Racism is rampant as are drama queens among the male population. I am so glad to be back in God's country. What do you expect of a land where you have to have a license to buy ammo or own a gun and a seperate permit to carry said gun. You have to maintain records of any private firearms transactions for 10 years and can only sell to someone with a license to own a gun. Rockford police are forbidden from pursueing fleeing suspects in autos. Though the ethnicity of neighborhoods are well mixed, busing kids on hour plus trips across town are common place. A 900 square foot house can net you a $3,000.oo a year tax. Trash collection is a seperate bill. Public school is horrible. Ask me sometime and I'll tell you how I really feel. Indiana is a great place to live.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just moved back to Indy from Rockford. Pathetic place, Rockford. There are a couple of good people there and a lot of not so. I carried an AR in the front seat. My neighborhood had a home invasion across the street from me. Two drive-bys within a block of me. Tons of busy bodies without jobs. Racism is rampant as are drama queens among the male population. I am so glad to be back in God's country. What do you expect of a land where you have to have a license to buy ammo or own a gun and a seperate permit to carry said gun. You have to maintain records of any private firearms transactions for 10 years and can only sell to someone with a license to own a gun. Rockford police are forbidden from pursueing fleeing suspects in autos. Though the ethnicity of neighborhoods are well mixed, busing kids on hour plus trips across town are common place. A 900 square foot house can net you a $3,000.oo a year tax. Trash collection is a seperate bill. Public school is horrible. Ask me sometime and I'll tell you how I really feel. Indiana is a great place to live.

You know any officers in Rockford? I know a few, some still there, some gone, and some at other PDs now. Let's just say those poor guys are overworked, and based on some of the stories I've heard, at their limit, with with the city, and the people they serve. They just had an officer killed in the line of duty (vehicular assault).

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I don't know what was worse. I knew officers there and nearby and knew some of their kids and wives. The officers knew and accepted the chances of not making it home at the end of a shift. Their kids seemed to be the hardest hit when ever a fellow officer didn't make it. I was blessed not to loose any close friends while there. My best friend's hand was forced and he had to take a life. There is nothing easy about that when you are about doing the right thing. My favorite nephew just became a State Trooper. I had a talk with him the other day about needing to be vague when his mom asked what he did today. He is her only child.

Top Bottom