• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Sorry if this is a dup.. i tried to search around if it was already mentioned....

Here is the link to the story:
    Central Indiana woman arrested after bringing gun to son's school » Evansville Courier & Press

ANDERSON, Ind. —A woman arrested after taking a gun into a central Indiana school says she forgot she was carrying the weapon before meeting with the principal about a threat made against her son.
    Anderson police say 27-year-old Bonnie Trahan was arrested on a preliminary felony charge of possessing a firearm on school property after she left St. Mary's School on Wednesday.
    Trahan tells The Herald Bulletin that she carries a handgun for protection and had it on the waistband of her sweatpants when she went to the school. Trahan says the gun was pulling her pants down during the meeting so she took it out and placed on a table.
    Trahan says she doesn't think she did anything wrong.
    The school was closed to visitors until after Trahan was arrested.

Anyone in the local area hear more details about this?
    I did a huge :ugh: when I heard this yesterday....

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    Totally agree. I give this woman a 10 on the idiot scale...

Between the non-holstered carry and then presenting on the desk with the teacher... it sounded like there might be more to the story. Possibly the woman was going to an 'intimidation' factor or something....

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Totally agree. I give this woman a 10 on the idiot scale...

Between the non-holstered carry and then presenting on the desk with the teacher... it sounded like there might be more to the story. Possibly the woman was going to an 'intimidation' factor or something....
    Absolutely this. This lady's story is so full of crap. In the first place, there's no way anybody carrying anything on the waist of sweatpants forgets it's there. Second, putting it on the desk is obviously an intimidation move.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I hope she was charged for going out of the house in sweatpants. :ugh:

Come on America, is showing both common sense and a little class too much to ask? :dunno:

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    How could you 'forget' you have it if it's pulling your pants down? Strip the permit and lock her up. At this point she ceases to be a "law abiding gun owner"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hope she was charged for going out of the house in sweatpants. :ugh:

Come on America, is showing both common sense and a little class too much to ask? :dunno:

Sadly, yes.

She's 27? Looks more like 37...
    g0a0000000000000000da3dd0a4d3cf459bef04bd714d9764a6200943b3.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Damn, you guys are something else.

You honestly think it should be a felony to have a gun on school property?

People should be locked up for doing stupid things?

:rolleyes:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It depends on what that stupid thing is or what they are doing with the gun on school property. If she's using it for intimidation purposes, which this sounds like, then yes she should be locked up. You can be as stupid as you want, but you can't threaten people or hurt people. There is no way you walk around with a pistol in your sweats and forget its there BUT THEN WHILE SITTING it begins to pull your pants down so you take it out and chuck it up on the table.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There is no way you walk around with a pistol in your sweats and forget its there BUT THEN WHILE SITTING it begins to pull your pants down so you take it out and chuck it up on the table.

What if they were not her sweatpants?

(Had a guy tell me that the 17 grams of crack cocaine in his drawers that they were not his underwear). Surely you can see how these wardrobe mistakes happen?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    She went too far when she pulled it out and put it on the table. Clearly she was sending a message but unfortunate for her she was breaking the law and should have been arrested.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

No, I don't think it should be a felony. I don't think it should be illegal at all.

But, the fact of the matter is that it is illegal. Therefore, one must abide by the law as it currently stands.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I love sweatpants, wear them all the time when not working.

A .38 snub IWB works very well for me also with sweatpants.

Jimmy

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    She took it out and placed it on the table...

Quoted from the article: According to police, Trahan pulled the gun from its holster and threw it down on the table.

That's and idiot move, illegal or not. It sounds like she was arguing that the school needed to provide better protection for her son and when they said they already provided adequate protection, she tossed the gun out to make a point. I don't know what she was trying to accomplish, but I'm guessing emotion clouded judgement. She will most likely be charged and lose her ability to own firearms.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    People should be locked up for doing stupid things? :rolleyes:
    Yep, it's a firearm, NOT a toy.

She "forgot" she had it on?? :n00b: Someone 'forgets' they're wearing a lethal means of defending themself they should be prohibited, permanently, from carrying that lethal means.

Carrying a firearm isn't a friggin' 'game', and it isn't some stupid 'political statement'. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom