• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleeharrison

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    An investigative report aired this evening on WTHR that the current airport manager, John Clark, who has been on the job less than 2 years is one of three finalist for the Atlanta Hartsfield job. It was reported that he has a number of questionable reimbursed expenses since he has been in the position. He has been reimbursed over $50,000 for "expenses" in addition to being way overpaid - makes $270,000 per year. Some of the expenses include staying at high proced hotels, golf green fees, $400 dinners at McCormicks and Schmicks, etc. Of course his excuse is that he has to have a high profile with "clients" and business prospects to attract business to the area. Being ths nice guy that he is, he did pay for watching dvds while in hotel rooms. Typically, he did not return the reporters phone calls. "WTF!" So much for the city and the local government being on the ropes. Send this dude to Atlanta and let them pay for his upkeep!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    He also turned down a huge bonus this year that was part of his contract. You guys should know by now to not eat the crap sandwiches that the evening news wants to feed us.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There's an Airport Authority with a board of directors, but the IIA is run by a commercial vendor. I'm not sure who it is now, but BAA ran airport operations the last time I knew.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well at least he didn't fly to NY for a dinner date on Air Force One when a lot of people in this country are wondering where their next meal is coming from.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Could be worse I guess. Like consistantly milking the state for welfare while making a descent paycheck.:dunno:

Now who would do such a thing?

How about getting section 8 (housing assistance) and driving a new/newer 30,000+ car....I see this sh%% daily. Some of my tenants have nicer, newer furnishings and vehicles than I do yet the government pays the rent.

And yes I do accept the governments money because they do at the present time pay on time. I don't inflate the rent to milk them like some, but I do have to have them rented in order to make money. Right now I would severely limit my tenant pool if I declined section 8.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That's what I was going to say next.

Personally I'd do it for 250K. (Really, I'd do it for 200, but don't tell anyone.) Oh yeah, slight catch. Even though I'm wicked smart and have run some stuff before, I'm not qualified to run an airport. I'd think that career pool is pretty small, though I'm sure there's some fork lift operators, and machinist's assistants who'll weigh in about how NOBODY should make that much.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Before Indy he was at Jacksonville, FL I believe and he was under investigation after he left there, never heard anything about it after the initial report.

Top Bottom