• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't had the chance to go bow hunting in a couple years and now that I do I am trying to find somewhere in or near Indy to practice. Any help is appreciated.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Koteewi is a nice place. They have a nice pro shop, outdoor ranges for all distances, and a 3D course. No indoor range yet, but I heard that is in the works soon.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    If you want you're welcome to come shoot with me a couple evenings a week. I have a pretty decent archery range set up. I'm south east of Indy almost to Shelbyville. Pm if you want to get together and practice. I'm switching to crossbow this year due to my health but practice is practice.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I haven't had the chance to go bow hunting in a couple years and now that I do I am trying to find somewhere in or near Indy to practice. Any help is appreciated.

There's a nice range just south of Danville called Pinehill Archery. You can get some info on them from Facebook. They have an outdoor range with target butts at 20 thru 50 yards in 10 yard increments. They also have a field target course with targets out to 80 yards.

If you're gonna get back into hunting I would suggest attending a 3D shoot which will help you with shooting at a life size animal target. There is a shoot at Nancy's Broken Arrow south of Cloverdale on September 3,4, and 5. They're calling it their big game shoot which probably means they'll have targets such as: mule deer, whitetail, caribou, elk, buffalo, pronghorn, etc. Shots are from where you wish to shoot - say 20 out to 50+ if you want. I think the price is $15 or so and it is a 40 target range. They are also holding a shoot on Sept 17th and 18th they ar calling their Big Buck Bonanza which will be most deer targets in anticipation archery season. Great range, lots of target presentations, water stations on the course, and run by nice people. They have a website you can check out.

As mentioned The Outdoorsman is on the south side - an indoor range for, $10 an hour, I think. Mostly a 20 yard range but you can shoot to 30 if no one who is also shooting objects. There is also an indoor range south of Bargersville - the name escapes me. It's a complete outdoor shop - new range that is well lit. Range fee is equivalent to the Outdoorsman.

If you're on the northside and want to shoot on my backyard range send me a pm. I can shoot out to 60 yards.

good luck.

Top Bottom