• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Can anyone tell me if ICM has a no firearm policy, or if it may fall under some kind of no firearms policy that I may need to know about? Don't want to get to the door with hardware and have to make a long walk to the in truck safe, if you know what I mean.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Licensed daycare facility Onsite. Complete NO GO!! Not even tge parking lot is legal right now, after 7/1 storing unloaded in your vehicle will be ok but right now, absolute no.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it has a licensed daycare or school on site its a no go. (They have a M-F kindergarten and preschool program... Expensive but cool... wife and I looked into it.)

Been discussed repeatedly here... More specifically that churches that have on-site LICENSED daycare is a no-go, even on sunday mornings when the M-F daycare is closed. (and its only volunteers watching parishioners' kids in the same space or even different rooms on sundays when the official licensed facility is "closed") So this is the same animal, just a different color. While not a school, it falls under some of the same laws. Unfortunately the law doesnt differentiate between when school is in session and closed so we cant use the argument "but the daycare is closed, why not?"

So no... Just no. Trust us. And if you dont, I recommend Guy Relford, Esteemed 2A lawyer for your "one phone call". ;)

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The laws say nothing about daycare being considered a school. Can anyone clarify?

IC 35-31.5-2-285
    "School property"
    Sec. 285. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).
    As added by P.L.114-2012, SEC.67.

Bolded above: IC 12-17.2 and 31-27 regulate and license certain child services and day care facilities which are defined as "school property" here.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Licensed daycare facility Onsite. Complete NO GO!! Not even tge parking lot is legal right now, after 7/1 storing unloaded in your vehicle will be ok but right now, absolute no.
    I cannot fathom why one would think unloading [i.e. handling] a firearm more than necessary on a school or daycare property would be a good idea.

Leave it in the holser, leave the holster in the car. Keep it out of sight.

Top Bottom