• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_B_C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Hello, never been to a gun show in Indy/in general and planned on going to the one on the 30th. I was wondering if anyone ahead of time could fill me in on what prices have been like at previous shows. I intend on stepping foot into the AR platform, so specifically curious about that. If it’s going to be the same cost as buying something online/getting the ffl transfer I’d rather go ahead and get that ball rolling instead of wait two weeks lol.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Hello, never been to a gun show in Indy/in general and planned on going to the one on the 30th. I was wondering if anyone ahead of time could fill me in on what prices have been like at previous shows. I intend on stepping foot into the AR platform, so specifically curious about that. If it’s going to be the same cost as buying something online/getting the ffl transfer I’d rather go ahead and get that ball rolling instead of wait two weeks lol
    If you are wanting a complete rifle as compared to piecing one together, you can likely do almost as well, possibly better, at Plainfield shooting supply. Help can be somewhat crusty, but I've always thought prices were fair. They likely have lowers available also that wouldn't have a transfer fee.

Just a satisfied customer.
    Rick

G_B_C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If you are wanting a complete rifle as compared to piecing one together, you can likely do almost as well, possibly better, at Plainfield shooting supply. Help can be somewhat crusty, but I've always thought prices were fair. They likely have lowers available also that wouldn't have a transfer fee.

Just a satisfied customer.
    Rick
    Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I will at least still attend because a buddy, who has also never gone to a show, wants to go too.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Prices are fantastic, but you have to work. Price is nothing but information, you have to know the market and know what is quality and know what is trash. You have to do more than pay for parking and your admission fee, lol.

Here is me at the last Indy1500 that I attended in March of this year where I purchased a smoking deal on the best AR-15 on the planet, a Colt:

G_B_C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Prices are fantastic, but you have to work. Price is nothing but information, you have to know the market and know what is quality and know what is trash. You have to do more than pay for parking and your admission fee, lol.

Here is me at the last Indy1500 that I attended in March of this year where I purchased a smoking deal on the best AR-15 on the planet, a Colt:

I believe, from what I’ve gathered from forums, the show in a couple weeks isn’t the 1500. It’s just the one they do at the national guard, but regardless thanks for some insight. Plan on going no matter what and just going with low hopes lol. If I find something I like, cool, and if not, oh well.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I believe, from what I’ve gathered from forums, the show in a couple weeks isn’t the 1500. It’s just the one they do at the national guard, but regardless thanks for some insight. Plan on going no matter what and just going with low hopes lol. If I find something I like, cool, and if not, oh well.
    Rules of gun shows are always the same regardless of location:

1. Do the work before the show. Know what you are talking about and the larger market.

2. Bring money.

3. Trust the power of NO.

4. Buy what is cold.

Top Bottom