• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Had a similar experience, perused a great deal of old school surplus items. I think I noticed the same flare guns in one of the center/right booths.

Place was definitely well stocked given the size of the show. I was able to pickup 2 factory stainless Tec-9 mags ($90/pair), which I consider unicorns.

Got my mags from David McWhorther, cool vendor with tons of rare inventory:
    269-962-0214
    clipgrip@aol.com

I just got back from the show. It was a very good one for me, I bought a ton of random stuff from a total of 5 different vendors and one attendee who was carrying around items for sale. I bought two unique flare guns for my collection, a nice hardback book on German 7.9mm ammo (1888 to 1945), a bunch of WWII German ammo in original boxes, a box of Polish 8mm ammo from 1929(!), three 20 round packs of 7.62x54R for only $4 each (thanks Smith& W), a few 1891 Argentine Mauser stripper clips (no tabs on the sides, hard to find), a MEC SuperSizer for a measly $10, some assorted projectiles for reloading, two boxes of Alcan shotgun wads, a few loose sleeves of shotgun primers, a small baggie of 50AE brass, and about 10 pounds of assorted powder - including a sealed can of the discontinued IMR PB.

There were other deals that I strongly considered, but did not purchase. Magtech 454 Casull 260gr JSP for only $20 per box, almost half a can of Reloader 7 powder for $5, Greek HXP 30-06 M-2 ball for only $10 per box, CCI 22 Long hi-velocity for $8 per 100. I'll probably kick myself for not buying most of that stuff, but I'm putting this out there to share with my fellow INGOers. There were still good deals to be had at this show when I left at 2:30 - definitely worth going if you look for the same kinds of stuff that I do.

There were a couple of new vendors there too, so that is good from the new blood perspective. Fun day at the show buying good deals on cool stuff, plus hanging out with INGO members woody131, Mosin Mounts, Smith& W, and a couple of others who I've known for years but can't remember their INGO handle at the moment.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Completely agree with your observation, got some sticker shock seeing the prices on firearms! Saw many guns priced higher than I would find them at local gun shops & way higher than INGO.

Just got home and as expected, I had a great time. Picked up some cool surplus stuff for the boys, got me a $5 soda and heard lots of great stories. Would have sworn I saw doddg looking at a stainless Ruger but after I turned my head sideways, I realized it wasn't him. :): :): :):

I'm starting to feel like gun shows are the Best Buy of the firearm world though. I get to see and touch, then I buy online where the price is 30% less.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Had a similar experience, perused a great deal of old school surplus items. I think I noticed the same flare guns in one of the center/right booths.

Place was definitely well stocked given the size of the show. I was able to pickup 2 factory stainless Tec-9 mags ($90/pair), which I consider unicorns.

Got my mags from David McWhorther, cool vendor with tons of rare inventory:
    269-962-0214
    clipgrip@aol.com

Whatcha doing with those Tec-9 mags? I'm an Intratec junkie myself and saw those mags. If I weren't sitting on a bucket full of them I would have jumped on them too.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Completely agree with your observation, got some sticker shock seeing the prices on firearms! Saw many guns priced higher than I would find them at local gun shops & way higher than INGO.

The tipping point for me was when the vendor, who shall remain nameless, was selling guns for 20% more than they're listed for on his own website. Gun shows are great for parts and pieces but I don't think they're the place for gun purchases.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely, ammo prices were also very high at the show too. One of the ammo vendors wanted 50c/round for surplus/corrosive tokarev ammo. I thought he was kidding at first!

The tipping point for me was when the vendor, who shall remain nameless, was selling guns for 20% more than they're listed for on his own website. Gun shows are great for parts and pieces but I don't think they're the place for gun purchases.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Going to get a kydex double mag holster made for those 2 mags, plan on making my AB-10 my primary CCW.

Any interest in selling your intratec mags?!

Plan on making your primary? Sir, I've been open carrying a Tec-9 for years. The juice is definitely worth the squeeze.

And sorry, as you know these mags can get finicky and aren't plentiful so I have to hold on to them because my Intratec inventory is continuing to grow.

Top Bottom