• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I find it interesting that both WIBC and Indianapolis Monthly are both owned by a liberal Democrat...Jeff Smulyan

Well technically it's a publicly traded company and he is the CEO, so he isn't the sole owner. Although he does own a crap-ton of stock, and there's a picture of him and Obama in his office.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I actually received a rather gracious email back from the Editor in Chief. It doesn't change the way I feel about article and the idea that it was in any way "balanced" is rather laughable - but I appreciated the response. I told her she could consider my original email to her as a "letter to the editor." (We'll see if they publish it.)

"Good afternoon, Mr. Relford,

Thank you for your note; I'm sorry it isn't under better circumstances, but I do value your feedback. Adam Wren (whom you helped with the gun laws sidebar) and the fact-checker of that sidebar had both already mentioned what an invaluable (and incredibly helpful) resource you were.

I'm sorry to hear you're displeased with our overall coverage; our goal truly was to provide as balanced a look at the gun issue as possible, including incorporating voices in support of gun rights (such as Johnny Nugent), those in support of gun control, and those that fell somewhere in the middle. We always appreciate getting feedback from readers, whether they are happy with us or not; should you want to, I encourage you to write a letter to the editor sharing your views for possible publication in an upcoming issue.

Either way, I did want to let you know how much everyone here appreciated your time and expertise.

Best,

Amanda Heckert
    Editor in Chief
    Indianapolis Monthly"

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I actually received a rather gracious email back from the Editor in Chief. It doesn't change the way I feel about article and the idea that it was in any way "balanced" is rather laughable - but I appreciated the response. I told her she could consider my original email to her as a "letter to the editor." (We'll see if they publish it.)

Thank you for your note; I'm sorry it isn't under better circumstances, but I do value your feedback. Adam Wren (whom you helped with the gun laws sidebar) and the fact-checker of that sidebar had both already mentioned what an invaluable (and incredibly helpful) resource you were.

I'm sorry to hear you're displeased with our overall coverage; our goal truly was to provide as balanced a look at the gun issue as possible, including incorporating voices in support of gun rights (such as Johnny Nugent), those in support of gun control, and those that fell somewhere in the middle. We always appreciate getting feedback from readers, whether they are happy with us or not; should you want to, I encourage you to write a letter to the editor sharing your views for possible publication in an upcoming issue.

Either way, I did want to let you know how much everyone here appreciated your time and expertise.

Best,

Amanda Heckert
    Editor in Chief
    Indianapolis Monthly"
    Gotta give her credit for the response, I suppose.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You gave it your best shot, Guy.
    Sadly, the way to approach the media in general is to assume that they will be hostile toward gun rights, no matter how much they posture as "balanced."
    It's not your fault that your cooperation and information were used to further the all too predictable anti-gun agenda.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Hmmm.... while I've never subscribed, I always thought Indianapolis monthly focused on features, entertainment, Indy businesses, etc.
    Shannon Watts probably has friends there, though.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Best,

Amanda Heckert
    Editor in Chief
    Indianapolis Monthly"

I got a similar response. She also forwarded my comments after asking first but I said only if unedited.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I bought that issue only because of that article. I wish I hadn't. If anyone wants to see screenshots of it, LMK

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    As a law-abiding citizen, I take it personally when someone or some organization wields its influence to come after my Constitutional rights.The sooner that rag goes bust, dries up, and blows away the better.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I spoke to the media once. Never again. My wife brought this home for me. I didn't want to be rude I thanked her for it. I wasn't pleased that we contributed to the company behind it, but such is life. The article wasn't the worst I've seen, but it definitely wasn't unbiased.

Top Bottom