• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    This city is no more unsafe this year than last... for the general public. Now if your into the gang thing, drug dealing thing or live anywhere near 38th and Post (plus a mile N,E,S,W) thats a different story.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Crime is down. It's just homicides that are high right now, but officers are working great," he said. "This is a great city, a great place to be. It still is a safe city."

That's classic. Just homocides...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    The handgun wasn't legal, or at least thats my best guess. My wife asked the same question when we watched the news last night. I told her that I didn't care what the reason was. Someone kicks in our front door as soon as they hit the bottom of the stairs... they HIT the Bottom of the Stairs!

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    This city is no more unsafe this year than last... for the general public. Now if your into the gang thing, drug dealing thing or live anywhere near 38th and Post (plus a mile N,E,S,W) thats a different story.
    +1
    Not that random violence doesn't occur... but most of these "victims" are choosing to live a life that produces a certain level of risk, not just "SOCMOB" :)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why are they considering the "51st" a homicide, didn't the guy try to kick in the door?

It's still a homicide - albeit possibly justifiable.

I don't know the details, but I bet the shooter doesn't get charged with murder if anything at all. Possibly having a gun when he wasn't allowed to.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy

I agree, certain areas/how you live your life is a big factor, Just cannot believe there's usually a shooting every night!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I agree, certain areas/how you live your life is a big factor, Just cannot believe there's usually a shooting every night!

Actually most criminals can't shoot worth a darn. If you can get a scanner, you will hear that there are about 4 shootings a night, and those are just the hits. I'm sure there are plenty that miss completely. But we (fire/EMS) respond on several shootings that never make the news, too boring I suppose.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Actually most criminals can't shoot worth a darn. If you can get a scanner, you will hear that there are about 4 shootings a night, and those are just the hits. I'm sure there are plenty that miss completely. But we (fire/EMS) respond on several shootings that never make the news, too boring I suppose.

I actually do scan quite often but mostly in Muncie because I go to school there, I'm not in Indy for most of the year, what EMS are you on?

Top Bottom