• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have seen previous threads that there are signs at the zoo prohibiting firearms. I have also heard that that they will remove you from the premises if you are caught carrying there. I was there recently and did not see any signage prohibiting carrying on the premises and could not find anything on the website stating that it is prohibited. Is this still the case?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have seen previous threads that there are signs at the zoo prohibiting firearms. I have also heard that that they will remove you from the premises if you are caught carrying there. I was there recently and did not see any signage prohibiting carrying on the premises and could not find anything on the website stating that it is prohibited. Is this still the case?
    No idea have been there a handful of times. Concealed-ished

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I always carry there. There is no security to speak of checking bags or anything at the entrance.

I will say I was there recently and I did overhear a call out on one of the employee's walkie talkies that there was a patron seen carrying a gun in one of the exhibits. They were requesting security be summoned to go find the guy. My guess is that he was asked firmly to leave the premises while carrying. I have no idea if they would revoke someone's membership over something like that.

Concealed means concealed.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    A good friend of mine said he wanted to go to a zoo with rifle scopes, just scopes.....and look through the scopes at the animals, first off because he said he would probably never get the chance to see the actual animals in the wild to hunt, and secondly, just to see the faces of the animal rights Karens at the zoo......

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My wife’s there now with our son, one of our daughters and the grandkids.
    I am home watching “THE GAME”.
    I may end up shooting our tv, but I just called her and they are all fine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Realistically, with a couple of exceptions, 'No Guns' signs in Indiana simply mean no open carry unless they are wanting. Sucking at concealment is what gets you ejected.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Still their policy, but nothing more.

Prohibited at the Zoo: smoking (including vapor cigarettes), weapons, recreational equipment, outside food or beverages.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    As of a year ago there was nothing stopping you from walking in if you practice concealment.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The wife and kids are wanting to go to the zoo this weekend so I thought I‘d bump this thread to see if anything has changed since last year. Are they checking any more now?

Top Bottom