• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoOneFour

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    kokomo
    I have seen previous threads that there are signs at the zoo prohibiting firearms. I have also heard that that they will remove you from the premises if you are caught carrying there. I was there recently and did not see any signage prohibiting carrying on the premises and could not find anything on the website stating that it is prohibited. Is this still the case?
    I've always concealed there. They don't have metal detectors and I've never had a problem.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Well, supposedly they have a special Christmas thing going on right now...
    In my hearsay example, it was usually evenings/afterhours type events, maybe a random morning brunch, gala or whatnot. Just something other than standard zoo hours available to the public. If it's regular zoo hours, I wouldn't sweat it. Note about zoo: we went this spring and they have really made an effort to combine the gardens and exibits. The old gardens only area is gone/remodeled. The plantings throughout the zoo have been redone and I thought It was a great improvement. It might not show as well in December.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    In my hearsay example, it was usually evenings/afterhours type events, maybe a random morning brunch, gala or whatnot. Just something other than standard zoo hours available to the public. If it's regular zoo hours, I wouldn't sweat it. Note about zoo: we went this spring and they have really made an effort to combine the gardens and exibits. The old gardens only area is gone/remodeled. The plantings throughout the zoo have been redone and I thought It was a great improvement. It might not show as well in December.
    My wife and I are planning on meeting the kids/grandkids tomorrow for dinner and then check out the lights at the zoo.

I always carry concealed but last week I went to a venue in Evansville which I knew had detectors but I had forgotten about my knife and it made a big stink and my family had to wait for me to take the knife back to my car.

I'd rather not repeat that performance, lol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My wife and I are planning on meeting the kids/grandkids tomorrow for dinner and then check out the lights at the zoo.

I always carry concealed but last week I went to a venue in Evansville which I knew had detectors but I had forgotten about my knife and it made a big stink and my family had to wait for me to take the knife back to my car.

I'd rather not repeat that performance, lol.
    They are very much “if we don’t see it, we are cool. “

But they haven’t had issues that requires them to step up security. Yet.

Top Bottom