Indoor Action Pistol Training League at Hillside Shooting Sports (Roanoke, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Hey y'all, been hearing about this for awhile now and just saw a post on Hillside's Facebook page this morning. They're starting up an indoor training league next week (Nov. 18th) for anyone interested in getting into action pistol shooting this winter. I talked to some of the guys at the shop two weeks ago and it sounds like this will be geared towards beginners and those who haven't shoot much USPSA/IDPA, so if you've been hesitant to get out to a match this would be for you. As I understand it, there should be weekend USPSA-style indoor matches coming soon as well.

From their Facebook post:
    HSS Action Pistol Training League starts November 18th @ 6:30 PM with a $15 League Fee on the indoor range. This league will start with a training session then move on to timed competitions. Each session we will be working on different skillset to get you shooting tighter groups faster for personal protection or competing in our monthly Action Pistol Series matches.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Do you need to be a member for this? Also, could I get more clarification on the costs/layout of this league?
    I'm sure all of the answers are on the FB page, problem is I don't use FB.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Do you need to be a member for this? Also, could I get more clarification on the costs/layout of this league?
    I'm sure all of the answers are on the FB page, problem is I don't use FB.
    Your best bet would probably to give them a call at 260-672-3715. I don't believe membership is required.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Membership is not required. Week 1 (tomorrow) will be very basic gun handling, skill drills, range commands, etc. I believe week 2 will be similar and then week 3 and 4 will be simple stages preparing for the indoor Action Pistol league. This is designed for people who have never shot any kind of action sports.

It's a league in name only. I don't know think there will be prizes or anything like that. Just a weekly meeting type thing in prepping for the monthly indoor pistol matches.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is currently a training league for the next 3 tuesdays. I believe Sunday Dec 14th will be our first indoor match, tell your friends.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is what I know. We are planning a monthly match starting on Dec 14th and doing 4 matches. Registration opens at 9 am. Shooters meeting at 930. First shot immediately afterwards. I believe entry will be $15 and we are hoping for 3 stages but may end up with 2 bigger stages.

Sorry for all the I think I believe and maybes. I'll know more after next tuesdays training class and I'll put up a post for the actual matches then with hard info.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    This is what I know. We are planning a monthly match starting on Dec 14th and doing 4 matches. Registration opens at 9 am. Shooters meeting at 930. First shot immediately afterwards. I believe entry will be $15 and we are hoping for 3 stages but may end up with 2 bigger stages.

Sorry for all the I think I believe and maybes. I'll know more after next tuesdays training class and I'll put up a post for the actual matches then with hard info.
    Ok sounds good. Thanks for the update and let us know what you can.

Top Bottom