• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I had a good time and the facility is very impressive. It's YUGE! The stages made good use of the available space and everything went pretty well other than some weird PractiScore-related issues on our tablet. If I'm available, I'll probably shoot the next match as well.

The only downside (other than shooting not very well) was the customer (not a match participant, dark hair, bear, wearing a navy blue hoodie) who pointed a rental gun at me at least three times when he was careless waving it around while talking near the counter. He swept a lot of other people too, but I don't know if anyone else noticed. Stuff like that happens at gun shops and gun shows all the time, but it's unacceptable. I don't know what can be done about it other than correct the behavior at the time. At a shooting range, though, it's even more unacceptable if that's possible.

I mentioned it to the fellow behind the counter who was in charge, so hopefully he had a talk with the guy. In retrospect, I wish I had politely but firmly told the guy to stop pointing his gun at people. I don't know why I hesitated because I'm normally not "shy" about doing that, but it maybe it was because I was new to the place.

They try and correct it when they can but some people are well just not aware.

Did anyone notice the jar of live rounds of different calibers and gauges on the counter?

That is from the brought their "I already cleared it" firearms in schmucks. They are the rounds that we're in the chamber when Top Guns had to clear it because the owner did not. It seems not to be as bad now but they would have to empty the jar about every 2-3 weeks at their previous location.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I had a good time and the facility is very impressive. It's YUGE! The stages made good use of the available space and everything went pretty well other than some weird PractiScore-related issues on our tablet. If I'm available, I'll probably shoot the next match as well.

The only downside (other than shooting not very well) was the customer (not a match participant, dark hair, bear, wearing a navy blue hoodie) who pointed a rental gun at me at least three times when he was careless waving it around while talking near the counter. He swept a lot of other people too, but I don't know if anyone else noticed. Stuff like that happens at gun shops and gun shows all the time, but it's unacceptable. I don't know what can be done about it other than correct the behavior at the time. At a shooting range, though, it's even more unacceptable if that's possible.

I mentioned it to the fellow behind the counter who was in charge, so hopefully he had a talk with the guy. In retrospect, I wish I had politely but firmly told the guy to stop pointing his gun at people. I don't know why I hesitated because I'm normally not "shy" about doing that, but it maybe it was because I was new to the place.
    I'm with you Rhino. The sign on the front door at Top Guns says it all to those types.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Your first mistake was getting your info from a woman ! :dunno:

that actually is their normal 'rule' for day to day operations. At least with reloads I was told that you can shoot them but they want you to have liability insurance if you do.

Top Bottom