• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    What indoor ranges would you recommend? I've heard stay away from dons. Ill be purchasing my first firearm soon and would Like to know a few good places to shoot.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Beech Grove. But, see quote above.

Why indoor? Too hot, bright, hours, allergies? Outdoor is nice. Eagle Creek has been a real pleasure and standing in shade.

Exactly! Come on out to Eagle Creek Pistol Range, 5820 N. High School Road. The firing line is covered and we get a nice breeze through the range. We're fully supervised, with Range Safety Officers observing the firing line on a minimum 4:1 ratio of shooters to RSOs. (It's usually closer to 2:1.)

We supply targets, targets stands and tape. There's also an abundant supply of friendly advice on firearms and marksmanship - if you want it.

Our pricing is as follows:

2011 Season Pass (unlimited visits): $120
    Ten-visit pass (no expiration): $75
    Single All-day Pass: $25
    All-day Pass (2 shooters on one lane): $40
    One Hour Pass: $15
    One Hour Pass (2 shooters on one lane): $20

We also have Red Star ammo from Premier Arms & Supply for sale on the premises in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

We have 20 lanes available for public shooting, and I've yet to see all 20 lanes occupied, so there's never any waiting.

For additional information, and to see our Rules & Regulations, visit Eagle Creek Pistol Range.

We hope to see you at Eagle Creek!

Guy

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I live in central Indianapolis and the closest indoor range I go to is Applied Ballistics in Layfayette. I don't go to Don's for obvious reasons and I went to Pops a few times, but had to wait 1+Hr to get into one of their 5 lanes. I'd rather drive to AB in 45 min and get a lane right away than drive 20 minutes to Pops and wait an hour. I know it still costs more of my time that way, but that's just how I work. As others have stated, Beech Grove is getting a large indoor range in the near future so hopefully I will be headed there for my indoor-range needs.

Honestly though, head out to Eagle Creek or get a membership at MCFG and enjoy the nice weather!

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I agree with "GoDawgs", Applied Ballistics is a great indoor range. I live on the northwest side of Indy, so I get there in roughly 40 minutes. So if too hot or too cold, I'll go there.

As for ECPR, I've been there twice now, excellent experience both times. I live less then 4 minutes from it, so I'll be going again. Also purchased a couple of their day-passes a few weeks ago. Again, great place to shoot too.

bamthetrashman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have went to Pop's several times and don't really have anything bad to say about them. I only had to wait one time and it was a long wait, so I can relate to GoDawgs. But all the other times I went, maybe 5 other times, there was no wait and I got a lane right away. I usually go during weekdays and sundays to avoid any lines. Pop's only allows handgun caliber firearms (up to 50AE I think), so its not bad for handgun shooting, but I think the range is a little short if you bring in a 22 or some other handgun caliber rifle. You can also rent handguns there and I think they have a decent collection. The only caveat is that you have to buy their ammo, which can be a little pricy.

Overall, I think you should check it out if you have time. I think it comes out to $23 an hour including tax to use a lane. I think Beech Grove will be better when its finished, but if you don't want to wait, I think Pop's will suffice.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I live in central Indianapolis and the closest indoor range I go to is Applied Ballistics in Layfayette. I don't go to Don's for obvious reasons and I went to Pops a few times, but had to wait 1+Hr to get into one of their 5 lanes. I'd rather drive to AB in 45 min and get a lane right away than drive 20 minutes to Pops and wait an hour. I know it still costs more of my time that way, but that's just how I work. As others have stated, Beech Grove is getting a large indoor range in the near future so hopefully I will be headed there for my indoor-range needs.

Honestly though, head out to Eagle Creek or get a membership at MCFG and enjoy the nice weather!

I'm looking forward to heading out to Eagle Creek. I have been to Bullseye on SR31 a couple of times in Kokomo. They have 5-6 indoor lanes and fairly reasonable. Never had to wait. They don't seem overly friendly if you are not looking at buying a gun but not a bad option.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    It sounds like eagle creek is a must. The few people I know that shoot go to outdoor ranges so I was just curious of any decent indoor. Thanks for all that info!

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I have went to Pop's several times and don't really have anything bad to say about them. I only had to wait one time and it was a long wait, so I can relate to GoDawgs. But all the other times I went, maybe 5 other times, there was no wait and I got a lane right away. I usually go during weekdays and sundays to avoid any lines. Pop's only allows handgun caliber firearms (up to 50AE I think), so its not bad for handgun shooting, but I think the range is a little short if you bring in a 22 or some other handgun caliber rifle. You can also rent handguns there and I think they have a decent collection. The only caveat is that you have to buy their ammo, which can be a little pricy.

Overall, I think you should check it out if you have time. I think it comes out to $23 an hour including tax to use a lane. I think Beech Grove will be better when its finished, but if you don't want to wait, I think Pop's will suffice.

I know of pops and have been there but not in their ranges. I've heard good and bad but overall it seems decent.

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    Like I said, I used to always go to Pop's and have only had to wait a few times but it wasn't for very long. I've been there a ton, I used to go a couple times a week when I worked at the jail.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom